Motoring Discussion > Hope my “luck”continues Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 12

Hope my “luck”continues - Bobby
Well, the luck ran out today.

Travelling back from Great Yarmouth to Lanarkshire. Yet again, BMW nav advised from early in my journey that there were lengthy delays due to an accident in the A1 and also congestion at Scotch Corner. Google didn’t.

Accident had cleared when we got closer but A66 Scotch Corner roundabout was gridlocked, worse I had ever seen it. We eventually got round to the services to find no vehicles could get in and none could get out. I parked on the verge of a B road diagonally opposite the entrance. Nipped into services, toilets had no queues, only one in front in Greggs. We were back to the car and noted that the car and boat in the queue to get in, hadn’t moved since we had parked ( no idea where a car and boat was going to park in there). Traffic queued back onto roundabout having a knock on effect on every junction of the roundabout. Traffic lights were turning to green and back to red with nothing moving.

Took us best part of 25 mins to get from services side onto the A66.

Then my BMW nav advised me of a problem on M74 at junction 10. Wife checked Twitter. Yip, road closed, accident involving car and two motorbikes. She quickly checked her own Google maps and suggested coming off at junction 13 and taking A73 cross country. It was junction 15 before Google woke up and advised me of the problems ahead and both it and BMW almost simultaneously suggested diverting off at 13. I think every other vehicle on road was also following Google……

Started our cross country detour but wasn’t long before we saw blue lights and came across an overturned Merc that had landed on its wheels. That led to more delays. And anyone who may know the road , you need to cross Hyndford Bridge which is single lane and 3 way traffic lights…..

Eventually got home and although it was a long day ( not helped by little sleep last night) and I was grumpy and tired, I subsequently heard that sadly someone was killed in the accident. That gives you a reality check of how your inconvenience and delays pale into insignificance compared to what other families are going through.
 Messages Author Date
 Hope my “luck”continues new Bobby 18 Jul 21 23:14
 Hope my “luck”continues new Terry 18 Jul 21 23:31
 Hope my “luck”continues new carmalade 19 Jul 21 08:35
 Hope my “luck”continues new martin aston 19 Jul 21 09:11
 Hope my “luck”continues new Bill Payer 19 Jul 21 22:44
 Hope my “luck”continues new Zero 19 Jul 21 08:58
 Hope my “luck”continues new Bobby 19 Jul 21 19:31
 Hope my “luck”continues new R.P. 19 Jul 21 19:57
 Hope my “luck”continues new Zero 19 Jul 21 23:05
 Hope my “luck”continues new Netsur 20 Jul 21 21:04
 Hope my “luck”continues new MD 21 Jul 21 21:59