Motoring Discussion > Hope my “luck”continues Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 12

Hope my “luck”continues - Netsur
Those who don't have a smartphone, get a cheap, even secondhand one and use it purely for Googlemaps or Waze. Get a very cheap second SIM for a handful of ££ a month (maybe even £5) for the data. They are the absolute canines goolies for navigation.

I am currently a long way from home, on the wrong side of the country and am sightseeing with the missus. Our accommodation is lovely but totally isolated in a hamlet in the middle of flat featureless countryside. The only way I can get us 'home' is to use the SatNav. We are in her Mini which is three years old and the SatNav is pretty good but, as said above, the level of detail at junctions is either late or inadequate. I have less confidence in it than GoogleMaps or Waze.

Sometimes to be curious I run them simultaneously on two devices and they do occasionally differ, and Waze is more likely to encourage you to re-route or advise of changes in ETA. They are owed by the same business and in time will probably provide identical routing at the identical time, but I understand that as part of the purchase agreement, Waze retains the app sourced traffic data for at least 30 minutes before it can be used by Googlemaps.
 Messages Author Date
 Hope my “luck”continues new Bobby 18 Jul 21 23:14
 Hope my “luck”continues new Terry 18 Jul 21 23:31
 Hope my “luck”continues new carmalade 19 Jul 21 08:35
 Hope my “luck”continues new martin aston 19 Jul 21 09:11
 Hope my “luck”continues new Bill Payer 19 Jul 21 22:44
 Hope my “luck”continues new Zero 19 Jul 21 08:58
 Hope my “luck”continues new Bobby 19 Jul 21 19:31
 Hope my “luck”continues new R.P. 19 Jul 21 19:57
 Hope my “luck”continues new Zero 19 Jul 21 23:05
 Hope my “luck”continues new Netsur 20 Jul 21 21:04
 Hope my “luck”continues new MD 21 Jul 21 21:59