Motoring Discussion > Buying a new car.. again Miscellaneous
Thread Author: DeeW Replies: 7

Buying a new car.. again - DeeW
Hello all, logging in again after a long gap great to see so many names I know and see excellent discussions on all topics.
Am once again looking for a new (to me) car. Have been being relatively sensible but suddenly thought, this is probably the last time I can buy for fun rather just useful. Not a great budget, up to £15k if sensible, slightly more if really lustworthy. Would need to be automatic or even electric. What would you look at… not necessarily for me, but what would you like?
My change is due to a non-motoring accident, so now need automatic sadly.I can still, after a lot of practising, get in and out of the Morgan roadster my friend drives but not actually drive it. Need 4/5 seater.
 Buying a new car.. again - Zero
www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202107064701715

www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202106234128554
 Buying a new car.. again - legacylad
On that budget, a low mileage 535 Touring. If you don’t cover many miles. Fine engine, practical and less than 10 yo.
Z will find you one !
Ah… have looked at these.. daughter and husband have just swopped their Z4 for one. His latest midlife crisis is a Waszp hydrofoil boat, rather than a sports car!
Interesting. Taking Zs advice, visited a dealership with BMW series 1 for sale.
Oh no, that one is not available but you would like this… um, nope, if I was looking for a Beetle which I had noticed on the forecourt several times in last few months and surprisingly, having said my budget, less than half of what I have available. Apparently I should be excited because it is red.
Then had Toyota Avensis raved over, at £2,450 very well within budget, sure a very nice car but not really what I had said I wanted. Checked it out, out of interest, and it is one of the models not compatible with the new E10 petrol.
Strangely, he did have a very nice little Mercedes convertible, within budget, parked in the showroom…
Can’t think why, but not going to buy from there.
I would add, this is the first place that has treated me in this way, so things have improved!
Last edited by: DeeW on Sun 1 Aug 21 at 22:34
 Buying a new car.. again - Zero
Car salesmen, they are all scum. Remember that and you wont go far wrong
 Buying a new car.. again - Dog
>>Car salesmen, they are all scum. Remember that and you wont go far wrong
Latest Forum Posts