Non-motoring > As Seen on TV - Volume 23   [Read only]
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 113

As Seen on TV - Volume 23 - VxFan

***** This thread is now closed, please CLICK HERE to go to Volume 24 *****

==============================================================

A place to discuss what's on TV that might be of interest to others. (exc. Top Gear, F1, for example - which have threads of their own)

PLEASE NOTE:-

To try and maintain some kind of logical order of discussion, if you start a new subject then REPLY to this post and REMEMBER to change the default subject header.

Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 8 Jan 22 at 21:24

Clarkson's Farm - No FM2R
I think I'm really going to enjoy this.....

www.imdb.com/video/vi3351887897?playlistId=tt10541088&ref_=tt_ov_vi

And I really did enjoy it.

But only watch it if you like Clarkson and his humour, little point if you don't.

Clarkson's Farm - VxFan
When I get 5 mins, I intend giving it a ganders.

Clarkson's Farm - Zero
>> And I really did enjoy it.
>>
>> But only watch it if you like Clarkson and his humour, little point if you
>> don't.

Watched the first, yes it hits the spot. I knew what was coming Its been covered in his Sunday Times column. Enjoyed it.

I've watched all the episodes now.

Best television I have watched in a very long time, full of genuine people interacting as they try to help Clarkson through his first year of farming.

Kaleb is my hero.

I do hope there's a second season.

Clarkson's Farm - Manatee
I've been watching it with herself, who has never been a Clarkson fan but loves it. The ridiculous farm shop thing with the potatoes was very 'Top Gear' but I've been enjoying it too.

Clarkson's Farm - Bobby
Haven't watched it yet but intend to. Talking of farming, I know I have posted youtube videos from Harry Metcalfe (Harryevo) before on here re car reviews etc but he also has a fully working farm and has a separate channel that covers farming videos.

It may just be his presentation style but although I have no real interest in farming, I really enjoy watching his videos and get better understanding of the challenges / decisions / strategies the farmer have.

Harry's garage www.youtube.com/channel/UCIB5XXHNAWWzTOw6guIMYCg
Harry's farm www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNRLTPU9263dTOYgrVcnHw

Clarkson's Farm - sooty123
Got amazon prime for 7 days to watch this, looking forward to it.

Did you watch it Sooty? What did you think?

In an idle moment I just re-watched the final episode. I found the last 5 minutes or so quite touching.

Clarkson's Farm - smokie
We've binged it over a few nights, saw the last last night too. I'm not usually much of a Clarkson fan, and SWMBO certainly isn't, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. And it gave a good insight to the amount of work that farmers have to get done, and how things conspire to stop them doing it.
Yes I did watch, I thought it was excellent. Really enjoyed it. Water cooler TV as they say.
 Clarkson's Farm - R.P.
Finally got around to watching it - binged over two evenings, I dislike the persona that Clarkson put over on TG, but I know that he can be very good (watched his Raid on St Nizaire documentary the other week, he and it were excellent). The Farm didn't disappoint, really educational in a way. My annual pilgramge to Oxford is on for next week, it would have been rude not to stop at the farm shop...but there are mega queues there this week, so will avoid.

Clarkson's Farm - VxFan
>> it would have been rude not to stop at the farm shop...but there are mega queues there this week, so will avoid.

There are queues for Diddly Squat all the time.

Anything worth queuing for?

Clarkson's Farm - Zero

>>
>> I do hope there's a second season.

There is.

Funny how right at the end of the last episode, Gerald suddenly became understandable.

Extra Life - a Short History of Living Longer - Duncan
A series of 4 one hour long documentaries on the extending of expectation of life.

tinyurl.com/k733vrkw

I have watched 2, with 2 to go. Fascinating stuff.

Extra Life - a Short History of Living Longer - tyrednemotional
...let's hope you manage to catch the next two..... ;-)

Start Up - No FM2R
A little slow for the first couple of episodes but fundamentally very good. Not, as it happens, my sort of thing. But that to one side, really very good and certainly recommended.

Martin Freeman is becoming quite the power behind these things. Crap accent though.

www.amazon.co.uk/Startup-Season-1/dp/B01M5DOUUW

Wetherspoons - How Do They Do It? - Duncan
Well, you will just have to get it on catch up!

www.channel5.com/show/wetherspoons-how-do-they-do-it/

Wetherspoons - How Do They Do It? - No FM2R
www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/wetherspoon-pubs-documentary-channel-five-20978065

Bosch - Zero
Has ended on Prime, Just watched the last episode of the last ever season 7. It got flat in the middles seasons, but by and large, fine fine TV in every department, with a real WOW ending.

World War Z - No FM2R
Not normally my sort of thing (viruses and zombies) , and certainly not new.

I really enjoyed it though.

And at least it explains what happened to Smurf and Fluffy.

World War Z - zippy
The first few minutes of WWZ (the bit in the traffic jam) was filmed in Glasgow. If you look closely you can see the UK road signs covered with US ones. There is a UK fire hydrant sign on a wall as well.

Vigil. BBC - Zero
Ok parts of the plot and sets are stolen from the Hunt for Red October and Crimson Tide, the basic premise that a Police Scotland detective would be allowed on board a Vanguard class submarine while on operations is doubtful, but its certainly gripping suspenseful drama with plot twists as befits the production crew who put Line of Duty together. Its good TV.

Vigil. BBC - Bobby
As my want with these types of productions, I have the TiVo set to record them all and then I will watch it all in one go.
Mind you, I couldn’t avoid the spoilers today!!!

Vigil. BBC - Runfer D'Hills
I don't trust Morse.

Vigil. BBC - Zero
No he drives a Jag, hes a cad,

Vigil. BBC - Kevin
>No he drives a Jag, hes a cad,

Blah! Phooey! as Snoopy once said.

I think any Jaguar owner would take that as a compliment coming from someone who pulls a shedling with a beige estate car*.

* Probably with "National Trust", "Show Dogs in Transit" and "I Love Mablethorpe" stickers in the rear window.

Vigil. BBC - Zero

>> * Probably with "National Trust", "Show Dogs in Transit" and "I Love Mablethorpe" stickers in
>> the rear window.

Wrong. Caravan Club Sticker, National Trust, & "WORKING dogs in transit"

Vigil. BBC - tyrednemotional
...."My other shed's an Airstream"....

Vigil. BBC - Zero
>> ...."My other shed's an Airstream"....

Live Riveted

>> I don't trust Morse.
>>

...is that a coded message...?

Vigil. BBC - Zero
... .... ..- - / - .... . / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- / ..- .--.

...sorry, must dash...

Blake's 7 - bathtub tom
Forces TV, 14/9/2021.

It's back, the dodgy sets of Crossroads quality and the deliciously evil Servalan. I've set the PVR to record them all.

Blake's 7 - Dog
Fanx bathtub - one of my faves, along with the Martian Chronicles.

:o}

Blake's 7 - zippy
Caught E1 and 2 this morning.

The story line is far darker than I remember!

The sets have a wobble all of their own.
 Blake's 7 - R.P.
Loved it.

9/11: Life Under Attack - Robin O'Reliant
Still available in ITV Player, Last nights program on he 9/11 attacks.

This is shown in real time, no narration and all the footage is from public and emergency service cameras. It is the most chilling and riveting thing I can remember seeing, watching it unfold interspersed with radio messages from the planes themselves and Air traffic Control including a cabin crew member on the first jet calling ATC to report a knife injury to someone on board and the door to the cockpit being locked, followed by the voice of a hijacker telling everyone to stay calm and it would be alright.

The ground level shot where one of the towers collapses is enough to make your blood run cold, watching the huge cloud of dust race up the street covering everything and everybody in it's way, and the sickening thuds from just out of camera shot where people who jumped out of the top floors of the towers hit the ground.

Not for the faint hearted, it makes you realise the horrors the people there must have gone through/

9/11: Life Under Attack - smokie
Missed it but it's on again on 13th (ITV, 22:45) so I've set the recorder

9/11: Life Under Attack - Duncan
>> Missed it but it's on again on 13th (ITV, 22:45) so I've set the recorder
>>

If you have one of those computer thing devices, you can get it now. Or have I missed the point again?

www.itv.com/hub/9-11-life-under-attack/10a1567a0001

9/11: Life Under Attack - smokie
You are right but when I don't want it "now" I usually set the TiVo to catch things when I can, as it keeps it nicely organised and things don't get forgotten.

9/11: Life Under Attack - VxFan
>> If you have one of those computer thing devices, you can get it now. Or
>> have I missed the point again?

The trouble with the online services that ITV, Ch4, Ch5 etc offer is that you're forced to sit through umpteen adverts, unless you subscribe to their services (i.e. pay money).

At least with recording it on Ketchup TV, you can skip through the adverts.

9/11: Life Under Attack - Robin O'Reliant
Showing again tomorrow (Saturday), 9pm More4.

Tennis - US Open on Amazon Prime - Manatee
Herself watches tennis avidly. The coverage is rather good. We've been following Emma Raducanu who, incredibly, will be in the final tomorrow evening at 9pm UK time. The earlier matches, including the semi-final against Greece's Maria Sakkari, are on Replay.

Raducanu has already set a record by being the only qualifier ever to reach a Grand Slam final. And she hasn't even dropped a set yet.

Tennis - US Open on Amazon Prime - Robin O'Reliant
God help her when the tabloids decide they've milked all they can from her success and turn on her when they think delving into her personal life will sell more copies. I hope she has good advice and a thick skin.

Tennis - US Open on Amazon Prime - Zero
Its a remarkable story, there is bound to be a film.

Tennis - US Open on Amazon Prime - helicopter
I too am an avid tennis watcher.Raducanu is the complete article IMO.

Ŕeally pleased that I watched her match against Sakkari live ( in bed with my ipad) from 2.30 am to 5.30 am so I was feeling a bit tired today.

Raducanu not only beat Sakkari but destroyed her ...
as she has done with all her previous competition these last three weeks including Bencic , the Olympic gold medallist.

Watched the end of the other semi final as well and have a sneaky suspicion that Raducanu could even go on to win the final against Leylah Fernandes.Emma has all the necessary attributes to do it .

Their only previous meeting was in the Wimbledon juniors when Raducanu won.

I shall be definitely watching tomorrow evening and cheering her on.If she wins she will be a shoo in for Sports Personality of the year.

Cleaner - bathtub tom
BBC1, Friday nights, 9:30pm.

Just seen the first one, described as gory, adult humour - sums it up perfectly. SWMBO and I looked at each other askance before laughing. Available on BBC I-player.
 Cleaner - Robin O'Reliant
Brilliant show.

Cleaner - R.P.
Didn't enjoy it personally, (Man Down was superb) may re-visit it if reviews here are good !

Schumacher documentary - Bobby
Is now live on Netflix. I’ll maybe get to it over the weekend
www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.schumacher-8-of-the-biggest-revelations-from-netflixs-new-documentary-on-the.JrqwQM1VMaNcaxSb2YYMG.html

Nairn across Britain - BBC iPlayer - Manatee
www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01rwh55/nairn-across-britain-3-from-leeds-into-scotland

One of three programmes from the early 70's. Supposedly about architecture. This short programme looks at Skipton, Settle, Dent, Appleby, Carlisle, Hawick, Edinburgh.

I was pleased as Punch to see Ye Olde Naked Man Cafe where, as a child, I always defaulted to the sausage and chips.

Nairn across Britain - BBC iPlayer - Bromptonaut
I'd flagged the same programme for similar reasons a month or so ago:

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=29270&m=634917

Nairn across Britain - BBC iPlayer - Manatee
>> I'd flagged the same programme for similar reasons a month or so ago:
>>
>> www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=29270&m=634917

That was probably where I found it! I did check this thread but I forgot you are Noncomformist. It's taken me a while to watch all three.

Nairn across Britain - BBC iPlayer - legacylad

>> I was pleased as Punch to see Ye Olde Naked Man Cafe where, as a
>> child, I always defaulted to the sausage and chips.
>>
I popped in today for two fruit scones @ 80p. Each.
Prices have shot up recently...not too long ago the corned dog and veg pasty was £1.45. It’s now £1.95.
Got soaked waiting outside the NM for the 1:30 bus to KL for an afternoon on the lash with friends. £8.90 return ticket. Hells teeth.

Nairn across Britain - BBC iPlayer - Duncan

>> Got soaked waiting outside the NM for the 1:30 bus to KL for an afternoon
>> on the lash with friends. £8.90 return ticket. Hells teeth.
>>

Aren't you old enough for a crinkly's free bus pass?

Hornby, A Model World - Robin O'Reliant
New series starting on Monday at 9pm on Yesterday.

Hornby don't just do trains but own Corgi, Airfix and Scalextric too. Good one for us model buffs.

Hornby, A Model World - tyrednemotional
>> Good one for us model buffs.......
>>

...don't think it will draw much of an audience from those who like watching reality shows with buff models, though.....

Hornby, A Model World - bathtub tom
Is this a repeat series?

>> Is this a repeat series?
>>

No, brand new.

Hornby, A Model World - Zero
If there is one thing worse than seeing trains on a silly preserved railway, its seeing tiny ones that dont make any noise or smell.

I bet Thomas the e**** tank engine turns up in it too. Bah Humbug

Hornby, A Model World - commerdriver
>> If there is one thing worse than seeing trains on a silly preserved railway, its
>> seeing tiny ones that dont make any noise or smell.

You really are becoming more of a curmudgeon with every passing year. Preserved railways are a large part of what keeps steam alive, on a normal autumn weekend we will have several hundred people today and tomorrow who will all go home happy at having seen and been on a steam train, and we are one of the smaller ones. Not to mention the pleasure the volunteer staff will get from running them.

>> >> If there is one thing worse than seeing trains on a silly preserved railway,
>> its
>> >> seeing tiny ones that dont make any noise or smell.
>>
>> You really are becoming more of a curmudgeon with every passing year.

Nah just had the even greater pleasure of watching a class 8p in excess of 80mph, been on a 7mt at 75mph, and stood within 4 feet an A4 in excess of 90mph.

If in doubt compare the experience of City of Wells at 25mph, and Tangmere at 75 with over 500 tons of Mk1s singing along behind.

(tho it has to be said the doppler affected thrum of two napiers passing at 100mph comes close)

Hornby, A Model World - commerdriver
I would agree that watching mainline steam trains is good, personally I prefer travelling on mainline steam, for example behind an A4 over Ribblesdale or seemingly up the east coast mainline behind Tornado all the way to York and back.
Fact remains that preserved lines are still what keeps a generation who never saw steam engines in everyday use interested in steam.

Hornby, A Model World - Ted

According to a recent editorial in the Railway Magazine, there is a very good chance of mainline steam being banned. It's the Flying Moneypit that is the main cause of this, the viewing public have been endangering themselves as they strive to get a better view or camera position. People have been swarming over railway property, even to the extent of standing in the four foot of a live line not thinking about what may be coming the other way at, perhaps, 100 mph. When a tragedy happens, as it may well do, that will be the end for everyone. Sad but there it is. I wonder why the Insulate Britain people haven't done a sit in on a remote main line level crossing ?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=16kCRTFJr04

Ted

May one ask about our old friend Rattle, Ted? I believe you knew him off line.

Hornby, A Model World - Ted

Not seen Rats for a couple of years, haven't needed his ministrations to my computer for a long time....he built it too well. He is on our local village FB group but no post as far as I know for a while.
Praps he's in lurv !

Ted

>>
>> According to a recent editorial in the Railway Magazine, there is a very good chance
>> of mainline steam being banned. It's the Flying Moneypit

This is an old piece of news, its been muttered ever since it appeared on the mainline in 2016

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFm40HCGdTQ

There is a considerable hate campaign over 60103 because its a: in the wrong colour, b: has German smoke detectors, c: has the wrong chimney, d:has the wrong whistle e: has, hasn't, has, etc etc. The damn thing nearly never appeared out the workshop at all because of the politics.

Some of the latest scotsman runs have been pretty trouble free, and all the other main line steam goes on with barely a murmur outside the pro watching community.

In short, the story is all bollo, muttered by the same old haters, just to keep moaning.

Edit - it will be off the rails again in 2023 for its heavy overhaul.

Last edited by: Zero on Sat 9 Oct 21 at 19:31

Hornby, A Model World - legacylad
I was meeting friends off the train in Settle a few days ago. There is a printed A4 sheet inside the ticket office showing all steam hauled trains passing through in October...9 in total, Northern Belle, Tornado & Flying Scotsman.
Plenty of opportunities to watch....Hellifield where the steam loco is often put on, and Giggleswick ( Leeds-Lancaster Line) where the loco often passes whilst en route from Carnforth.

I’m no expert on schedules, but a drinking buddy has the fireman role on many steam locos and gets all over the country.

In January he’s flying out to the far end of Siberia ( LOT airlines I think he told me) and catching various trains back home to Settle. That’ll be some trip.

>> I was meeting friends off the train in Settle a few days ago. There is
>> a printed A4 sheet inside the ticket office showing all steam hauled trains passing through
>> in October...9 in total, Northern Belle, Tornado & Flying Scotsman.
>> Plenty of opportunities to watch....Hellifield where the steam loco is often put on,

Hellifield - you need to get out there. Tangmere the Terrible is back on test.

Hornby, A Model World - Kevin
I have to admit that as someone who appreciates steam trains more for the engineering than the spectacle, I'd rather watch a bunch of old guys in dirty overalls explaining the challenges of keeping one running than a bunch of old guys in anoraks with cameras.

And stop being nasty to Thomas, Zero.

imgur.com/czefEC2

>> I have to admit that as someone who appreciates steam trains more for the engineering
>> than the spectacle, I'd rather watch a bunch of old guys in dirty overalls explaining
>> the challenges of keeping one running than a bunch of old guys in anoraks with
>> cameras.

And I would far sooner talk to the guys who are responsible for rebuilding these things to to 75 mph on a busy modern railway, and the crews who have to work really hard to keep these things bowling along at these speeds, not some dubious engineering bodgers and crew who would throw a fit at shovelling 5 tons of coal into 40 square feet of firebox as they climb real grades at speed.

Thomas is not even garter blue. Pathetic engine.

Richard Hammond's Workshop - VxFan
Caught the first episode of Richard Hammond's Workshop last night.

I've had more fun watching paint dry.

As a presenter, he doesn't come anywhere close to his colleagues Clarkson & May when they do stuff on their own.

I might force myself to view the next episode, but it's not high on my list of things to watch on the idiot lantern.

Richard Hammond's Workshop - Dog
>>I've had more fun watching paint dry

Have a word with pugugly.

Richard Hammond's Workshop - R.P.
Hahahha...

Four Hours at the Capitol - No FM2R
Fascinating, and not a little scary.

It's a documentary about the invasion of the Capitol as a response to Trump's"Stop the Steal" s***e.

Four Hours at the Capitol - sooty123
What channel/site is it on?

Four Hours at the Capitol - R.P.
What channel/site is it on?

It was on the BBC - a proper documentary.
www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0010tff/four-hours-at-the-capitol

Four Hours at the Capitol - No FM2R
It's properly out there. iPlayer, HBO, Amazon Prime amongst others.

Four Hours at the Capitol - sooty123
Got round to watching this, very good. Really worth watching if you haven't already seen it. In the main the protesters that broke in reminded me of kids that broke until a school after hours and just ran about with no real idea of what they were doing, apart from running about shouting.
The young ginger haired capitol police officer came across pretty well, it did show that when 5 or 6 of the police held their line, they could face them down.

Even now I'm amazed more people didn't end up dead.

The Office - Clk Sec
Repeats of the mockumentary sitcom, The Office, from 10pm tonight on BBC 2.

The Office - Zero
Beware, it still has, actually in these woke times even more so, the ability to make you cringe.

Its genius.

The Office - No FM2R
It is genius, but the cringe levels make it almost unwatchable at times.

The Office - Manatee
Never watched it. There must be a gene for seeing the comedy value in Ricky Gervais, and I haven't got it.
 The Office - No FM2R
I think he can be hilarious, but he overplays the hand and is fundamentally lazy. He knows the stand-up / presenting / interviewing formula that works, and so he goes with that.

I'm no huge fan.

The Office, though, is like the amalgamation of every bad office I worked in during the late 70s and early 80s. I actually worked in one of the buildings in which the office opening scenes are filmed.

And it was *exactly* like that.

Of course he exaggerates it, and pulls every bad scenario together, in the same incident but it all rings true.

There are phrases and behaviours in The Office which I have absolutely heard and witnessed in real life. Sadly, there are also a few that I haver said myself.

Why someone who has never worked in such an office would find it funny I cannot say, but if you have, then it's almost like an obsession.

The Office - Zero
The office is the only thing of his I find funny. Its hard work tho, and it takes a wee while before it clicks. I couldn't watch the first few episodes, and after i "tuned in" i had to go back and watch them with a new mind.

The Office - Lygonos
>>The office is the only thing of his I find funny.

Some of "Extras" were a joy to watch.

www.facebook.com/watch/?v=123360089616024

www.facebook.com/watch/?v=527494994041525

The Office - Manatee
For the last few years of my last proper job, I found much of what people typically said in interactions at work sounded just ridiculous to me. When I actually started involuntarily laughing at them was probably when they decided to chuck me out.

The Office - sooty123
I tried watching it but I don't find RG funny and I've never worked in an office, it didn't really do anything for me.

The Office - R.P.
"There must be a gene for seeing the comedy value in Ricky Gervais, and I haven't got it."

Nor me, but his "Afterlife" was superbly crafted. Funny and moving all at the same time.

The Office - PeterS
>> Nor me, but his "Afterlife" was superbly crafted. Funny and moving all at the same
>> time.

I would second that; by far the best of his output IMO. Very well written indeed.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 29 Nov 21 at 02:59

Queen of Speed - Fullchat
Sky Documentaries.
Documentary about rally driver Michelle Mouton and how she almost became World Champion in 1982 were it not for an 'off' whilst being an hour ahead of Walter Rohrl on the Ivory Coast Rally.
She tamed the Quattro.
Quite a contrast as it moved on to her Grandma duties towards the end.

As heard on the wireless - Motivated Cognition - Manatee
www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001219p

The Spark. A nice little programme which inter alia this week brilliantly describes how research is corrupted by the desire to get the right result.

Guy's garage: East German Trabant car - Dog
This is one car I never got to work on, thank Yahweh!

www.radiotimes.com/programme/b-eoh5kk/guys-garage-season-1/?episode=b-v7z2f2

Guy's garage: East German Trabant car - VxFan
I've enjoyed the 4 recent episodes he's made with his mate Cammy.

No mechanical sympathy with anything he's built. Just rag the living daylights out of it. Crash it, bash it, mend it.

Guy's garage: East German Trabant car - R.P.
Not sure about this programme. Wartched most of Guy's stuff including the Lancaster eoisode broadcast on Sunday evening. I enjoyed that. May watch an episode based on what's been said on here

Guy's garage: East German Trabant car - Fullchat
Living in the most densely populated area for word WW2 airfields I also enjoyed the Lancaster episode. Very surprised as he awkwardly slid into the top turret to learn that the average male in the war years was 5'6" and had Size 6 feet. Better health and diets(questionable) has seen increases in those figures.

Meet the Cornish! - Dog
www.radiotimes.com/movie-guide/b-s7ujk6/doomwatch/

:o}

Meet the Cornish! - R.P.
I started watching it last night Dog, but I ran out of interest sadly !

Meet the Cornish! - Dog
The reviews weren't favourable, Rob, but I stuck it on the Humax and will give it a go over the Christmas period.

Here's another one I'll record tonight: www.radiotimes.com/movie-guide/b-04mtie/resurrected/

I like watching these old films while laying on the sofa in front of the log burner, and nodding orf :)

Meet the Cornish 2 - Dog
www.radiotimes.com/movie-guide/b-85v8qx/the-reptile/

Jacqueline Pearce is in it, innit. Who he? Servalan in Blake's 7. R.I.P.

Harry's Garage - Duncan
Surely we have done this? Haven't we?

www.youtube.com/channel/UCIB5XXHNAWWzTOw6guIMYCg

Harry's Garage - Clk Sec
>> Surely we have done this? Haven't we?
>>
>> www.youtube.com/channel/UCIB5XXHNAWWzTOw6guIMYCg

Not as often as 'Spoons...

Four Lives - Duncan
Very well made series on BBC1.

Third and last episode tonight.

Or get one of those Catch Up machines.

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00134jz

Four Lives - Zero
Another glowing reference for the Met.

Four Lives - Clk Sec
>> Or get one of those Catch Up machines.

Or watch on iplayer.

Anne - BiggerBadderDave
Blimey, that was powerful telly.

A regular Scouse mum who loses her boy at Hillsborough and spends 23 years trying to find the truth. She becomes an activist and an anchor for all the other bereaved families.

I watched the lot last night and the first half hour is intense, to say the least.

Anne dies shortly after the Hillsborough Independent Panel announce their findings, the fans were not responsible and her boy could have survived.

I didn't expect any moments of levity and there weren't any, although they did drive a Maestro so I did manage a quick smile.

Anne - Bobby
As a football fan I have kind of followed this story over the years but even still, seeing it play out from start to finish still angers me on this cover up.
Excellent drama.

Anne - Zero
>> As a football fan I have kind of followed this story over the years but
>> even still, seeing it play out from start to finish still angers me on this
>> cover up.
>> Excellent drama.

Unfortunately the cover up screwed things up for both sides of the argument. Everyone was to blame, and no-one could be blamed.

Flight Attendant - sooty123
Saw this advertised a few weeks ago, I didn't think it was for me. Anyway just finished it, worth watching, it's a bit of a silly murder mystery but I enjoyed it.

The Beatles - Get Back - Robin O'Reliant
Took a months free trial on Disney+ to watch this, what a great insight into the final days of the Beatles. It is very long, spread over three episodes but well worth a watch for any fans. What is remarkable is how tight knit they were and watching the songs being built into their final versions from an opening few cords or a couple of lyrics was fascinating. For instance, the original version of the single Get Back was a parody of Enoch Powell, the opening line being "Abdul was a man who came from Pakistan"

youtu.be/e3obOF-rvwI

It is also notable that the main driving force in the band was Paul McCartney, at least at that time and despite him taking the blame for the break up of the band. It gives a much fairer picture of how things were than the original rather dark film "Let it Be. Well worth a few evenings of your time, with the rooftop concert shown in full, making a belated celebrity of the then youthful PC who had the unenviable task of trying to stop it.

The Beatles - Get Back - Zero

>> cords or a couple of lyrics was fascinating. For instance, the original version of the
>> single Get Back was a parody of Enoch Powell, the opening line being "Abdul was
>> a man who came from Pakistan"

Given that "Get back" was nothing more than a juvenile chant performed by what sounded like a lunchtime school band, I am surprised it could have ended up worse.

Latest Forum Posts