Motoring Discussion > Ford - Ferry fare advice Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 10

Ford - Ferry fare advice - legacylad
I’m hoping to be able to drive out to the Costa B late September and return to the U.K. on my 90 day limit.
Friends who I walk with in Spain have used the Newhaven - Dieppe crossing, and looking at prices, car + 1 passenger, it’s circa £164 return (2x £82). Plus of course I’ll probably stay close to Newhaven the night prior and break the journey in France.
Is this price par for the course, and does anyone have experience of prices on this route? On the many occasions I’ve been to the northern CBlanca I’ve always flown, paying £120/150 return with baggage....fortnightly rentals from Alicante airport have previously been dirt cheap but that may change, and I quite fancy a long road trip in Henry (Focus estate) maybe diverting to the Picos for a weeks walking.
I haven’t used any ferry crossings, at least with a car, for decades, unless you count the Hawkshead-Windermere ferry.
Any ferry advice appreciated...without checking I think the Portsmouth-Bilbao/Santander is considerably more expensive.
 Messages Author Date
 Ford - Ferry fare advice new legacylad 14 Jun 21 16:32
 Ford - Ferry fare advice new Zero 14 Jun 21 16:49
 Ford - Ferry fare advice new legacylad 14 Jun 21 17:13
 Ford - Ferry fare advice new No FM2R 14 Jun 21 17:27
 Ford - Ferry fare advice new legacylad 14 Jun 21 17:40
 Ford - Ferry fare advice new Lemma 14 Jun 21 17:36
 Ford - Ferry fare advice new tyrednemotional 14 Jun 21 19:06
 Ford - Ferry fare advice new Terry 14 Jun 21 19:14
 Ford - Ferry fare advice new legacylad 14 Jun 21 20:13
 Ford - Ferry fare advice new Runfer D'Hills 14 Jun 21 21:46
 Ford - Ferry fare advice new Bromptonaut 15 Jun 21 07:24