Motoring Discussion > Ford - Mondeo - end of the road in 12 months time Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 22

Ford - Mondeo - end of the road in 12 months time - Falkirk Bairn
www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/ford-mondeo-be-discontinued-march-2022-after-29-years

Everybody must have owned or hired a Mondeo - sad to see it die.
 Ford - Mondeo - end of the road in 12 months time - Bromptonaut
>> Everybody must have owned or hired a Mondeo - sad to see it die.

Never owned or hired. Passenger perhaps once in a Private Hire Vehicle.

Thought about one 20+ years ago but preferred the Xantia.
 Ford - Mondeo - end of the road in 12 months time - Runfer D'Hills
Great cars. Had several personally which all served me very well. And, on the small fleet run by my employers, the Mondeos stand out head and shoulders above anything else for long term reliability and longevity. We have regularly and painlessly run them to 5 years or 200,000 miles, whichever came first. Passats, for example, simply didn't take the miles so well.
 Ford - Mondeo - end of the road in 12 months time - Robin O'Reliant
Nicest car I've ever owned, a pleasure to sit in and drive. Quick enough, quiet and very comfortable, even after a 410 mile round trip I was able to get out without doing the John Wayne walk.
Have to agree Robin. The Xantia I had was just not ergonomically suited to me, had me in kinks after a few hours and had woeful headlights, the Signum ( Vectra in drag ) I had was unreliable, but all the Mondeos were a joy to use. Regularly did a thousand miles a week in them in total comfort and without problems.
 Ford - Mondeo - end of the road in 12 months time - No FM2R
I had a Xantia as a second car for a while in Rio, I rather liked it. I don't remember the headlights being bad, but living in a city I might not have noticed anyway.
 Ford - Mondeo - end of the road in 12 months time - Zero
>> Nicest car I've ever owned, a pleasure to sit in and drive. Quick enough, quiet
>> and very comfortable, even after a 410 mile round trip I was able to get
>> out without doing the John Wayne walk.

But you still did it anyway to look cool.
The mondeo has been on intensive care for ages, ford cant give the things away, and apart from extra slap it hasnt been updated for years,- showing its age badly.

Ford - Mondeo - end of the road in 12 months time - Bobby
Jeez Humph I remember that was your stock answer to any “what car” thread!
Mondeo Estate!
Was that this forum or HJ??
How long has this forum been going?
I'd have another in a heartbeat Bobby. They're a bit like M&S underpants. Not very sexy, but really comfortable, not expensive, very roomy and last forever.

;-)
 Ford - Mondeo - end of the road in 12 months time - Duncan
>>
>> Was that this forum or HJ??
>> How long has this forum been going?
>>

Feb 2010.
 Ford - Mondeo - end of the road in 12 months time - VxFan
>> Everybody must have owned or hired a Mondeo - sad to see it die.

Nope, I've not even sat in one.
 Ford - Mondeo - end of the road in 12 months time - legacylad
Interestingly there are none listed on Motorpoint.

Interestingly a friend of mine, high mileage sales person, company car every 3 years or 130k miles, returned to a Mondeo after Passat, CC and Insignia. Non proved reliable.
Her current company car is an E Pace..no idea of its reliability.
>> Interestingly there are none listed on Motorpoint.

Motorpoint takes ex leased cars fro closed sales. The mondeo has not leased well for years, so motorpoint have few.
 Ford - Mondeo - end of the road in 12 months time - Dog
>>I've not even sat in one.

I sat in one once, and once was enuff.
It does the job, it does the job well, it does the job without the slightest degree of enjoyment or satisfaction. I'd like to say its the motoring equivalent of your fridge, but the contents of my fridge is more exciting and satisfying.
 Ford - Mondeo - end of the road in 12 months time - legacylad
Lucky you. Braggart
:-)
>> It does the job, it does the job well, it does the job without the
>> slightest degree of enjoyment or satisfaction. I'd like to say its the motoring equivalent of
>> your fridge, but the contents of my fridge is more exciting and satisfying.

Fair enough, if that's your opinion. Conversely, I'd argue that a Mondeo can be quite a fun thing to hurl about in. As you know, I've had a few, punctuated by Citroens, Volvos, Vauxhalls, VWs and Audis of similar size. Of those, the Fords were always the most rewarding to drive by some margin. Outclassed in terms of dynamics only by the BMWs I've had, and more or less on a par with the Mercs.

Badges can be misleading.
I'll brook no motoring god talk from a man who.....www.amazon.com/Barbie-Beach-Cruiser-Amazon-Exclusive/dp/B00MCHGXF0
Bet you wish you were young and cool enough to rock it too though eh? And, I've got all the kit, tartan shirts, jeans, boots etc. So there, nah nah nah etc.

;-)
>>tartan shirts, jeans, boots

I'm not sure your wife's pleasure with the car will be enough to outweigh her opinion of your sartorial style.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FshU58nI0Ts
I don't know if the Mondeo we have here is the same as the UK Mondeo. I'd assume it was mostly the same.

A friend has one which I travel if fairly often. A good looking car with all the toys and very comfortable & roomy as a passenger. It's the sort of car I'd have if I drove on tarmac all the time. What's not to like?

Ford - Mondeo - end of the road in 12 months time - Netsur
The Mondeo has the same underpinnings as the S-Max and Galaxy. Both the best driving examples of their type. So whilst I haven't driven one I have driven the derivatives and I'd have another S-Max again if i needed a seven seater.
Latest Forum Posts