Motoring Discussion > Ford Fiesta - Anyone here with one? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 19

Ford Fiesta - Anyone here with one? - Bobby
Anyone here got a Fiesta with a spare or space saver wheel?
Looking for someone to maybe give me the exact wheel and tyre spec and maybe a photo somehow?

Trying to source one for a friend, a local scrappy has loads of them sitting in a pile but nothing that says what cars they fit.

Some Googling suggests that you can get a space saver or many use a 14 inch standard wheel with large profile tyres.

My missus had a 2009 fiesta and it was definitely a space saver that was in that.
The title hasn’t given the model year- 2012 so last of that “shape” before they were slightly modified with the bigger headlights etc.

And it is on 15inch steel wheels.
Last edited by: Bobby on Thu 18 Mar 21 at 22:17
 Ford Fiesta - Anyone here with one? - bathtub tom
Will this site help: www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/car-wheels.html

You'll need to know the diameter and width. Also the site will give you the Pitch Circle Diameter (PCD), offset and centre bore.
 Ford Fiesta - Anyone here with one? - henry k
some info here.
forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5416681/fiesta-space-saver-spare-wheel-question/p3

Mentions - check you have suitable wheel nuts or bolts.
 Ford Fiesta - Anyone here with one? - smokie
My daughter's 11 reg is sitting outside, I will look tomorrow (if I remember!)
Cheers Smokie.
 Ford Fiesta - Anyone here with one? - Falkirk Bairn
Amazon £80 - NEW skinny spare and delivery 2008- present

tinyurl.com/24zyvhtj
Cheers FB. My local scrappy is selling them at £20. You just need to know which one is the right one as they don’t know!
 Ford Fiesta - Anyone here with one? - Falkirk Bairn
>>Amazon £80 new
>>My local scrappy is selling them at £20 but does not know the correct wheel for the Fiesta

Skinny spares all look the same to me, it's not the tyre size - that's easy. Its the wheel has to be the right fit for the hub on the car - are you happy to gamble?

Ford Fiesta - Anyone here with one? - smokie
It says on the sidewall ContiEContact 175/65 R 14 82T

It doesn't look very skinny to me but the black metal wheel has an 80kph sticker so I guess it must be.

Hers is never used but looks a bit grubby. I can send you some pics but I'm not sure how they will help.

Anything else you need to know?
 Ford Fiesta - Anyone here with one? - legacylad
How fast does it go mister ?

Talking of restricted speeds on space savers, my ex had a daughter staying with her over Christmas a few years ago. Daughter lived in the Seychelles at the time. Awoke to find that Mums Passat had a flat tyre..early morning Emirates flight to catch, together they managed to fit the space saver, and with time running out drove across the Pennines well in excess of the 80kph limit.
I told them they should have got a taxi, even if it was 4 AM.
 Ford Fiesta - Anyone here with one? - tyrednemotional
>> It says on the sidewall ContiEContact 175/65 R 14 82T
>>

From the 2010 Festa owners manual, that is the specified size for "Temporary spare wheel when it differs from the other fitted wheels"
Cheers smokie.
Is there anything on the actual wheel, maybe the reverse, that gives a size and the relevant info re the wheel itself.
Assume it’s a 4 hole one?
 Ford Fiesta - Anyone here with one? - No FM2R
wheelssize.com/wheels/ford/fiesta/#2014

That tells you all you want to know about the wheel, though it has tyre info also. You can select the appropriate year on the website.

It also explains what each measurement/feature actually is.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Fri 19 Mar 21 at 13:23
 Ford Fiesta - Anyone here with one? - BiggerBadderDave
"Assume it's a 4 hole"

Everyone has an 4 hole.
 Ford Fiesta - Anyone here with one? - neiltoo

<
I don't.

8o)
Cheers everyone.
Sourced a spare from Facebook marketplace that has came off a Fiesta so job done.
Thanks for all input.
 Ford Fiesta - Anyone here with one? - bathtub tom
What about a jack and wheelbrace?
 Ford Fiesta - Anyone here with one? - Zero
>> What about a jack and wheelbrace?

Ford Fiesta - Anyone here with one? - Dave_
Just seen this thread.

Our 2009 Fiesta Econetic sits on 175/65R14 tyres on steel wheels and has another the same in the boot. The boot carpet has a wheel-sized circle of hardboard on the back, the rest of the carpet is fabric only and sits about 1/2 inch below the level of the hardboard circle. The carpet curls up at the edges a little, but that's more to do with being 12 years old than any real design flaw.

It might be coming up for sale soon, if anyone has a hankering for 60+mpg and zero VED coupled with a Quickclear windscreen and working aircon. It's tidy if a little leggy, but has a good 2-3 years left in it.
Latest Forum Posts