Computer Related > Hotmail Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 17

Hotmail - bathtub tom
A couple of days ago it wouldn't let me delete posts. I noticed I hadn't received any new mails for a few days and now this morning I can't access it at all. Anyone know what's going on?
 Hotmail - Bromptonaut
What device are you using hotmail on?

Have you tried logging in via a different mail client?
 Hotmail - sooty123
Works fine for me the last couple of days.
 Hotmail - VxFan
Yesterday it wouldn't let me move mail from my inbox to another folder using IE or MS Edge.

It did however let me do it from my iPad & iPhone. I access my Hotmail directly through the Apple email App where all my other emails also come through and not through a web browser on my iPad and iPhone.
 Hotmail - Bromptonaut
My account is @hotmail and accessed using the free outlook mail client.

No serious problems and mail received OK.

Now you mention it though it was a bit temperamental when I was trying to tidy my inbox at the weekend by removing large numbers of daily/weekly newsletters which I'd allowed to accumulate.
 Hotmail - No FM2R
>> A couple of days ago it wouldn't let me delete posts. I noticed I hadn't
>> received any new mails for a few days and now this morning I can't access
>> it at all. Anyone know what's going on?

I assume that you're using a program on your computer to access it rather than accessing it directly on the internet?

If so, which program?
 Hotmail - bathtub tom
I just use a bookmark on the PC. waterfox, windows 10 pro.
Found I can access it on a tablet (I hate tablets).
 Hotmail - No FM2R
Oh, so no local client.

In which case that's down to the functionality of Hotmail itself. I have a Hotmail account which I rarely use but which seems to be working ok ( I just checked).

Also a search is not finding anyone else with issues. Normally when an email service breaks the internet catches fire.

Where people do have problems it seems to be either their browser or some changes they have made to their own EMail settings.

Have you tried using a different browser just to see?
Last edited by: No FM2R on Thu 18 Feb 21 at 14:17
 Hotmail - No FM2R
>>(I hate tablets).

All right thinking people do.
 Hotmail - bathtub tom
I tried accessing it via outlook.com, but that seems dead too.
Just tried chrome and it works. I haven't changed any parameters in firefox recently, perhaps Bill Gates doen't like firefox.
 Hotmail - bathtub tom
I've got an old Yahoo mail account that I use occasionaly. I'm getting a message box:

Some features are temporarily unavailable. This is to respect new rules for messaging services in Europe.

Strange things happening...............
 Hotmail - No FM2R
Facebook, Instagram, Messenger and Yahoo have also issued the same message in recent times, seemingly without much kerfuffle on the internet.

It is related to the way they manage or use data, including metadata, they collect from emails. In the EU they are simply not allowed to do it without your permission.

Interestingly of course since the UK took back control they can rape user data from the UK with no issue.

I would hazard a wild guess, with no real evidence, that Yahoo's (Verizon's) late joining to the party is related to tracking pixels and their likely upcoming starring role in media headlines..
Last edited by: No FM2R on Wed 24 Feb 21 at 01:45
 Hotmail - No FM2R
>> A couple of days ago it wouldn't let me delete posts. I noticed I hadn't
>> received any new mails for a few days and now this morning I can't access
>> it at all. Anyone know what's going on?

Would you believe it's just started happening to me this morning. I can access Outlook from another browser (Chrome or Opera) but not from Firefox.

What error message were you getting? Did you solve it? Has the problem gone away?
 Hotmail - No FM2R
Ah, I worked mine out. It's an extension in Firefox, an ad blocker I think. I'll let you knwo when I've worked out which one it is in case it helps you.

At present I've just disabled them all.
 Hotmail - bathtub tom
No error message, just nothing. I'm running ghostery, but I disabled that to no avail. I'm currently running two browsers, one just to view hotmail.
Last edited by: bathtub tom on Thu 25 Feb 21 at 16:50
 Hotmail - maltrap
When my Hotmail did a similair thing it required me to sign in & verify password, did that & everything was OK. Hope this helps.
 Hotmail - No FM2R
It's tiresome working out which add-on or extension it is, especially since to be absolutely sure one needs to restart the browser each time.

I'll get to it tonight when there's nothing else going on.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Thu 25 Feb 21 at 17:06
 Hotmail - bathtub tom
My hotmail's now started working again in firefox. I haven't changed anything, I can't explain it.

No FM2R. What about yours?
Latest Forum Posts