Non-motoring > This is a service economy Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 12

This is a service economy - Zero
"You are in a queue, your call is important to us....."

IF YOU FFING CARED YOU WOULD EMPLOY ENOUGH PEOPLE TO ANSWER IT THEN

GRRRRRRRR
 This is a service economy - CGNorwich
Repeated every few minutes advising you are twenty third in the queue.

Not to mention the automated list of options available, none of which covers your problem.

This is a service economy - Kevin
They have Caller-ID.

"Hey Rupal, it's that guy from Surrey again. What should I do?"

"Go for lunch!"
>> They have Caller-ID.
>>
>> "Hey Rupal, it's that guy from Surrey again. What should I do?"

"Tell him he has a problem on his PC and needs to download this bit of software"
 This is a service economy - Bromptonaut
>> "You are in a queue, your call is important to us....."

We're presently experiencing EXCEPTIONAL call demand.

If it was really EXCEPTIONAL I'd not hear that message so often I can repeat it off pat.....
 This is a service economy - R.P.
Tesco Bank...I usually pay my Credit Card by phone - regardless of time of day they are experiencing "exceptional call volumes".. doesn't bother me as I use the touch pad option. Sky are crap as well. Having worked in what was described as a "virtual" call centre I understand the pressure people are under.

Smile (my other Bank) have more or less ditched call-centres. They were always very good. The few times I've contacted them since they changed has been hassle free though.
 This is a service economy - Robin O'Reliant
Contacting Welsh services can be quick if you go for the "If you'd like to speak to someone in Welsh press button 2" option. The call handlers on those lines are so bored they'll happily take a call in English just to pass the time.
 This is a service economy - Bromptonaut
>> Having worked in what was described as a "virtual"
>> call centre I understand the pressure people are under.

We now (Help to Claim) call it a distributed call centre :-)
 This is a service economy - Duncan
>> Tesco Bank...I usually pay my Credit Card by phone -

Why don't you pay by direct debit? All done each month? Nothing to do? Couldn't be easier?
It's odd really Duncan. My joint card (Co-Op) and the Tesco card have been traditionally been paid for either via online banking or by phone. Everything else by DD. Hadn't really occurred to me as to why I do it. The reasoning with the Tesco card is probably because I use this to buy "my" rather than 'our" stuff, occasionally I need to shift money from savings to cover stuff on that one. The card has a DD set up to pay the minimum amount - might be time to review how I handle it.
 This is a service economy - Duncan
>> It's odd really Duncan. ................. - might be time to
>> review how I handle it.

Right. Don't worry. You know me - I am here to help. You've got one of my many email addresses, haven't you?

Your secrets are safe with me. Send me all your banking information, account numbers, passwords, memorable information, you know - first school, favourite teacher, cats name etc. Between us we will sort it out. I am here to help, remember that.
I am specially annoyed with rubbish call handling centres, because having been involved in outsourcing a few I am aware, to the nearest 50cents/length of time to service it, exactly how much they value your call. or not as the case may be.

You're very kind Duncan.
Latest Forum Posts