Motoring Discussion > Save up to £190 with Co-operative Insurance Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 8

Save up to £190 with Co-operative Insurance - L'escargot
Most people say that The Co-operative Insurance is expensive, but they say that you'll save up to £190 by insuring with them. When it comes to car insurance I just don't know who to believe any more.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Fri 5 Mar 10 at 06:49
 Save up to £190 with Co-operative Insurance - madf
ut they say that you'll save up to £190 by insuring with them"

As my insurance is only £140, will they insure me for free? :-)
 Save up to £190 with Co-operative Insurance - jc2
Who is cheap one year will be more expensive next year.I need a particular type of cover and find it only offered by three companies-Saga,Ecclesiastical and National Farmers' Union.I have been with Saga for years but this year's renewal seemed excessive.Ecclesiastical was slightly cheaper,NFU a lot cheaper which is totally different to the way it has been in the past.
 Save up to £190 with Co-operative Insurance - Falkirk Bairn
AXA- advertises on TV recently up to 90% NCB - it might well be 90% off a super-inflated premium (in my case) - last month my renewal was in so I tried AXA and it was just under £200. Current insurer was down to £139.

Discounts mean nothing - it is the bottom line that matters.
 Save up to £190 with Co-operative Insurance - FotheringtonTomas
The words "up to" clearly include the number 0. This applies to everything from sales ("up to xx off") to insurance.
 Save up to £190 with Co-operative Insurance - Fenlander
As FB says it's the bottom line. Both SWMBO and self have renewals on the same day and this year for the first time I thought her renewal quote from the local trusted broker was a bit up.

Looked on GoCompare and we could have saved £100 on hers with a budget policy so haggled with the broker to get about a £60 saving. Well worth the £40 extra over the cheapest at GoCompare to be with a local broker for local people.

On my car policy the local broker was £10 cheaper then the lowest on GoCompare.... and for a far better policy.

Something I'd never noticed before was that the policies all seemed to be mileage related. I thought the bit on the form for your estimated mileage was just that... an estimate. However I now see clauses that if your mileage at the point of any claim is substantially greater than your estimate it will impact on the payout.
 Save up to £190 with Co-operative Insurance - Focusless
>> However I now see clauses that if your mileage at the point of any
>> claim is substantially greater than your estimate it will
>> impact on the payout.

Do they define that?
 Save up to £190 with Co-operative Insurance - Stuartli
I've never had to state any actual mileage figures, only an estimate of annual mileage.

However, I suppose such figures could be checked by an insurance company if it felt it necessary via MOT certificates etc.
 Save up to £190 with Co-operative Insurance - Bill Payer
I applied to Co-op one year and they were miles out.

Next year they sent me a quote based on the details supplied the previous year, none of which had changed. The price was ridiculously cheap so I gleefully rang up to accept it.

They confirmed the details on the phone, then gave me a similarly ridiculous price to the year before.

When I queried why it was so different to the quote they had no answer. The letter had come from their MD but, surprisingly, he wasn't able to take my call and apparently didn't get the mesages I left for him as he's never called back.
Latest Forum Posts