Technical Car/Motor Issues > Vauxhall Astra H estate - 07 1.3 Reversing light switch sticking? Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Haywain Replies: 6

Vauxhall Astra H estate - 07 1.3 Reversing light switch sticking? - Haywain
Thanks very much for the replies ......... it looks like an intermittent fault caused by a sticking switch......

I took a look under the bonnet this morning after the car had been standing on the drive all night. It was as crowded as London under there and there was no way that I was going to be able to get at anything from the top.

I had decided that I'd call in at my local indie later this morning and, for the meantime, I stuck a patch of silver gaffa tape over the reversing light areas on the clusters. Then, when I switched the ignition on - the lights were out - the switch must have freed itself overnight. I engaged reverse - the lights came on .......... I disengaged reverse - the lights went out. The switch now appears to be working fine.

Is it something to do with the engine being hot/cold??? Anyway, I'll leave that gaffa tape in place for a while and keep an eye on things.
 Messages Author Date
 Vauxhall Astra H estate - 07 1.3 Reversin.. new Haywain 20 Jun 17 21:26
 Vauxhall Astra H estate - 07 1.3 Reversi.. new Bromptonaut 20 Jun 17 21:50
 Vauxhall Astra H estate - 07 1.3 Reversi.. new VxFan 21 Jun 17 01:35
 Vauxhall Astra H estate - 07 1.3 Revers.. new carmalade 21 Jun 17 07:35
 Vauxhall Astra H estate - 07 1.3 Re.. new Haywain 21 Jun 17 08:29
 Vauxhall Astra H estate - 07 1.3 Reve.. new VxFan 21 Jun 17 10:13
 Vauxhall Astra H estate - 07 1.3 Re.. new Haywain 21 Jun 17 11:14
Latest Forum Posts