Motoring Discussion > Learner driver fails test after instructor's car.. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 7

Learner driver fails test after instructor's car.. - henry k
Learner driver fails test after instructor's car stopped

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-39835197

Is his a unique reason for failing the test?
 Learner driver fails test after instructor's car.. - Robbie34
Whoever twitted should OF failed his/her English exam. Poor show by the boys in blue.
 Learner driver fails test after instructor's car.. - Dulwich Estate II
OK, it's only Twitter, but it's a shame the traffic police failed the test of English language.

SNAP !
Last edited by: Dulwich Estate II on Sun 7 May 17 at 18:38
 Learner driver fails test after instructor's car.. - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>>
>> Is his a unique reason for failing the test?
>>
It beggars belief that a professional instructor would go out in an uninsured car. I've known ADIs do some stupid things, but that is a new one.

Brings to mind an incident some years ago when an instructor called into East Ham police station in London to complain about a driver who had nearly caused his pupil to crash on a lesson. The officer on the desk smelt alcohol on his breath, had him tested and he was twice the limit. Career over, of course.

And you wouldn't believe the number of pupils who came to me complaining that their instructor used to fall asleep on a lesson.
 Learner driver fails test after instructor's car.. - Bill Payer
>> It beggars belief that a professional instructor would go out in an uninsured car. I've
>> known ADIs do some stupid things, but that is a new one.

It doesn't look like a pro instructors car - no logos, roof sign, etc.
 Learner driver fails test after instructor's car.. - Hard Cheese
As the examiner is legally supervising the pupil I would have thought that they would be obliged to ensure that the car is legal by seeing the instructor's documents, checking the tyres etc ...
 Learner driver fails test after instructor's car.. - Robin O'Reliant
>> As the examiner is legally supervising the pupil I would have thought that they would
>> be obliged to ensure that the car is legal by seeing the instructor's documents, checking
>> the tyres etc ...
>>
Examiners only have to ensure the car used for the test is visibly legal. They do check the tyres and used to look at the tax disc when cars had them but the onus for documentation is on the car's owner or user. The examiner is in the car as an independent observer, not a supervisor and has no legal obligations other than a duty to intervene where possible to preserve life and limb.

I have known at least two occasions where an examiner happily let a candidate demolish a piece of road furniture because the instructors concerned had a history of bringing sub standard pupils for test.
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Mon 8 May 17 at 17:08
 Learner driver fails test after instructor's car.. - Shiny
They do ask and get them to sign a declaration so I suppose that is classed as due diligence.
The pupil also has to declare all sorts when making the booking online.

This car looks like a borrowed car - family/friend's banger, not a professional ADI's car, no livery or sticker in windscreen
Latest Forum Posts