Technical Car/Motor Issues > Renault Megane III Sport Tourer - 14 1.5 USB stick issue Miscellaneous
Thread Author: TheManWithNoName Replies: 8

Renault Megane III Sport Tourer - 14 1.5 USB stick issue - TheManWithNoName
I have a USB stick with about 1200 tracks on it. There's a mixture of mp3 and WMA files but my car's HiFi only plays the same 40 or 50 songs. All tracks are in a folder called Music and its the only folder on the usb stick.
Any ideas why it only sees a fraction of the files? The USB works fine through a PC.
Thanks

Renault Megane III Sport Tourer - 14 1.5 USB stick issue - commerdriver
Don't know how the stereo in the Renault works, but in my Golf I had to tick a box in the audio setup menu to enable it to scan across folders
 Renault Megane III Sport Tourer - 14 1.5 USB stick issue - VxFan
Can the stereo cope with any sized memory stick, or only up to a certain GB?
Have you tried it with a smaller USB stick?
Its a 32gb stick so I guess it could be a problem. Will try a smaller one.
 Renault Megane III Sport Tourer - 14 1.5 USB stick issue - DP
I'm not sure if Renault do something similar, but BMW frequently update the firmware on their infotainment system with new features and bugfixes. You can download the firmware to a USB drive and update it yourself.

Not sure this is possible, but might be worth investigating.
 Renault Megane III Sport Tourer - 14 1.5 USB stick issue - spamcan61
i'd create a few more folders and move say 40 songs to each, to see if the unit has a limit to the number of files per folder it can cope with.
 Renault Megane III Sport Tourer - 14 1.5 USB stick issue - Crankcase
I had (and have) issues with the USB in the 2011 Volvo.

First I found it only liked sticks of a certain speed (not too quick, not too slow). Then it only liked sticks of a certain size (not bigger than something I've forgotten). Then it only liked sticks of a certain format (not NTFS, FAT32 only thanks). Then it only liked sticks formatted via a certain programme (not done using Windows "format", had to get some other bizarre utility to format it, or do it on a Mac).

Took me weeks to get all that in place before it would work at all. I only persevered out of cussedness.

Even now, if you take it out, delete stuff, put new stuff on, and pop it back in, it will from time to time somehow find and play the long since deleted stuff.

And that was before getting the file format exactly right.

I don't bother anymore.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Fri 20 Jan 17 at 13:52
Think I've cracked it.
I re-formatted the stick (FAT 32) and then created 8 sub folders. Each folder contains about 2.3gb of music and the hi fi appears to accept this.

thanks for all suggestions
 Renault Megane III Sport Tourer - 14 1.5 USB stick issue - Dave_
>> Think I've cracked it

That's good. I was going to add that our 2015 model Captur with the LG MediaNav setup had some issues with music playback. They were caused by the LG stereo software (and hardware?) not being capable of handling large capacity USB drives. It also struggled to stream music over Bluetooth, again because the car couldn't keep up with the latest iPhone's connection.

The Renault dealer's suggestion was to try using an older phone...
Last edited by: Dave_ on Mon 23 Jan 17 at 20:42
Latest Forum Posts