Motoring Discussion > M25 junction 10/A3 Wisley interchange Improvement Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 13

M25 junction 10/A3 Wisley interchange Improvement - henry k
If anyone is interested.
A few years work/disruption ahead but IMO it is needed.

M25 junction 10/A3 Wisley interchange Improvement scheme

The document
tinyurl.com/z9r5yya

Includes widening the A3 approaching the junction.
 M25 junction 10/A3 Wisley interchange Improvement - Old Navy
>> A few years work/disruption ahead
>>

It always amazes me how long these jobs take in the UK. Are we so impoverished that we lack the resources to do these jobs rapidly? I am sure we have all seen miles of roadworks that look as if they have been abandoned and then come across a digger and a bloke with a shovel.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 23 Dec 16 at 08:51
>>It always amazes me how long these jobs take in the UK.

I first posted re the subject in Dec 2016

Some will now find out how long the job will take.
The junction is used by almost 300,000 drivers a day

Plans for a major upgrade of junction 10 of the M25 have been approved by the transport secretary.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-61430061
 M25 junction 10/A3 Wisley interchange Improvement - wotspur
Living in Weybridge this junction really affects me . So often from JUnc 10 to M40 , is often chaos first thing in the morning , back ups the A3 , making it dangerous to get to the outside lane if going towards Guildford . It’s also a nightmare heading towards Gatwick .
Knowing the planners l they’ll probably do the junction in both direction at the same time .
What they should do is Cobham to Guildford first and do the slip road through the woodlands . They could do 8 months of ground work in those woods first , leaving the link ups right to the very end , but they’ll never do that

M25 junction 10/A3 Wisley interchange Improvement - Boxsterboy
I use this junction regularly and altering the road markings would significantly improve the flow of traffic:

Going southbound on the A3, to turn onto clockwise M25 (towards Heathrow) there are two marked lanes on both the slip road and the road signs, but for some reason when the traffic gets onto the roundabout everyone goes down to one lane. If the traffic stayed in the two marked lanes things would flow so much better. Revising the road markings should help!
 M25 junction 10/A3 Wisley interchange Improvement - bathtub tom
I use this junction occasionally, Westbound on the A3 to Northbound on the M25. I find most folk use the RH lane of the slip off the A3 and get into the middle lane on the roundabout. I stay left and use the LH lane onto the M25, knowing that leads onto an additional lane on the M25.

Ain't rocket science.
 M25 junction 10/A3 Wisley interchange Improvement - Zero
I use it shedloads, 3 air 4 times a week, Getting rid of the traffic lights would fix it. And get shot of the ones on the Painshill roundabout too.
Work to widen the M25 in Surrey as part of a major upgrade will begin in mid-September, National Highways say........ the work is set for completion by 2025.
 M25 junction 10/A3 Wisley interchange Improvement - CGNorwich
Apart from the five mile of single carriage ways with a 40mph whilst they resurface the concrete section of the road they plan to reconstruct the A11/ A47 interchange outside Norwich.

The work is scheduled to last for 9 months with a lot of diversions and road closures but they are now considering a different approach. With a massive amount of manpower and machinery and prefabrication and complete closure of the road they believe thy can do it in nine day. Interesting idea.
 M25 junction 10/A3 Wisley interchange Improvement - Boxsterboy
>> Work to widen the M25 in Surrey as part of a major upgrade will begin
>> in mid-September, National Highways say........ the work is set for completion by 2025.
>>

I see the daftly located Starbucks off the northbound A3 has closed, taken over by Works Traffic.

>> I see the daftly located Starbucks off the northbound A3 has closed, taken over by
>> Works Traffic.

Well that will cause a dip in the accident rate, tho people keep slowing down to go in then changing their minds and hitting the traffic again.

Highways agency has a special exhibition in the Tesco Brooklands car park.
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 19 Jul 22 at 16:00
 M25 junction 10/A3 Wisley interchange Improvement - Manatee
I'm not all that familiar with the traffic problems down there but we had a rotten journey to see friends near Pulborough on Saturday. Friend recommends M25 to A24 (J9) but such was the traffic on the M25 we bailed at J11 on the basis of "congestion after junction" as we were already congested and had been for some time.

I consulted Waze on Sunday for the return, specified avoid motorways, and had a pleasant drive home with top down via Petworth, Chiddingfold, Bagshot, Windsor, Beaconsfield (glossing over Slough - Farnham Common).

Next time we visit I shall have nothing to say to the M25.
I love the A283 Its my preferred route to the south coast, or half a day at Petworth House sometimes with a late lunch or early dinner at the Crown in Chiddingfold.
 M25 junction 10/A3 Wisley interchange Improvement - Manatee
A283, that's the one.

The MX-5 is a rubbish motorway car too, so much better on the way home.
Latest Forum Posts