Motoring Discussion > Mercedes Benz E-Class W212 - E Class cabrio replaced Buying / Selling
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 2

Mercedes Benz E-Class W212 - E Class cabrio replaced - legacylad
A good friend has owned a 2013 cdi of the above for about 18 months. Man maths, given the fact that values are falling as summer draws to a close, made him chop it in two weeks ago.
Given that he is only a few years younger than I, late 50s, I was amazed to see he is now the owner of an almost new Civic R type. 5 door in bright red.
Personally I would feel embarrassed driving around in something with those boy racer looks at my age
I cannot wait to have a ride out in it, although it is trumped by another friends A45 AMG with 380 horses through 4 wheels.
 Mercedes Benz E-Class W212 - E Class cabrio replaced - Manatee
I have driven the latest Type R. Mad enough for me. The amazing thing for someone who grew up with Minis that would spin the wheels with 60bhp is how it gets the power down through the front wheels, even allowing for the LSD. The ESC/TC must also be in the mix somewhere but it isn't noticeable.

The styling is a bit overdone for me, but I'd live with it.

www.topgear.com/car-reviews/honda/civic-type-r/20-vtec-turbo-type-r-gt/first-drive

Mercedes Benz E-Class W212 - E Class cabrio replaced - Dog
>>The amazing thing for someone who grew up with Minis that would spin the wheels with 60bhp is how it gets the power down through the front wheels, even allowing for the LSD

Driving and LSD isn't to be recommended. I drove a Zephyr 4 from Hastings back home to London once.

It must have been a bad 'trip' (my last!) because I couldn't make any sense whatsoever of the roads/junctions/signs etc and my two non-driving friends had to tell me when to stop/go etc - A frightening experience for all concerned.
Latest Forum Posts