Motoring Discussion > Car Security and Jamming Miscellaneous
Thread Author: rtj70 Replies: 3

Car Security and Jamming - rtj70
We'll have done this before but a neighbour stuck a note through the door last night saying some cars had been 'broken into' using a 'fob' in some streets nearby according to some local Facebook page. I asked them today what more they knew.

Turns out the suspected method of entering the cars was jamming remote locking. I did wonder if this was someone already exploiting the old VAG locks which have a new found weakness.

Anyway if this is real then there's some thieves out and about using jammers again. Me, I always listen for locks and look for lights to flash... and listen for the mirrors to start folding which happens after the car is locked. A nice visual and audio clue.

So make sure your car actually locks after you press the lock button.... and never leave valuables.
 Car Security and Jamming - FuzzyDuck
I always lock my Qashqai by pressing the button on the door handle or boot, so I guess I would be safe. Plus I always check the door mirrors have retracted.
 Car Security and Jamming - rtj70
As I lock my car I not only hear the locks but also hear the mirrors folding.

Not that I leave anything worth stealing. There's a TomTom 720 somewhere in the boot but it's not been used in a few years. And then only over seas use in a hire car.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Wed 24 Aug 16 at 23:52
 Car Security and Jamming - Duncan
>> I always lock my Qashqai by pressing the button on the door handle or boot,
>> so I guess I would be safe. Plus I always check the door mirrors have
>> retracted.
>>

Nice to hear from you, TeeShot.

Three posts in four years, must be some sort of record!
Latest Forum Posts