Non-motoring > It's been nice knowing you Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 9

It's been nice knowing you - Crankcase
As today is the end of the world, then cheers, guys, it's been mostly fun. See you on the other side, if there is one.

You can follow the live updates here as we get nearer.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/29/end-of-the-world-doomsday-believers-predict-the-apocalypse/

It's been nice knowing you - CGNorwich
On average 152,000 people in the world die every day so for all of us there is a distinct possibility it might just be true.

Have a nice day;-)
 It's been nice knowing you - Ian (Cape Town)
I'm sure there's an element of truth in this.
in fact, i'm going to persuade that large-breasted airhead in accounts that it is true, and convince her to 'go out with a bang'...
 It's been nice knowing you - tyrednemotional
...then, when you get home tonight, it will be the end of the world for you....
 It's been nice knowing you - sherlock47
I assume that since my attempts to use the link you posted require a signed up, paid account, that you have now actually passed on to the other side.
Last edited by: sherlock47 on Fri 29 Jul 16 at 10:19
Really? Doesn't for me, sherlock. Didn't occur to me it would, but I admit my browser is in full lockout all the nonsense mode, so perhaps that's the reason.

I wouldn't bother to try and fix it, there's not enough time.
 It's been nice knowing you - sherlock47
Just made it .... Chrome allows it!

from the link.......
The Earth’s magnetic field has flipped its polarity many times over the millennia, according to NASA, who say there is nothing to be worried about.

It happens about every about every 200,000 to 300,000 years, according to the space agency, although it has been more than twice that long since the last reversal.

“Many doomsday theorists have tried to take this natural geological occurrence and suggest it could lead to Earth’s destruction,” NASA says.

“But would there be any dramatic effects? The answer, from the geologic and fossil records we have from hundreds of past magnetic polarity reversals, seems to be ‘no.’”

Swapping the polarity (as an instaneous event) would make the year 2000 bug predictions look like childs play. Not sure that the 'geologic and fossil records ' took into account the current man made forms of transport for example.
Last edited by: sherlock47 on Fri 29 Jul 16 at 10:37
 It's been nice knowing you - devonite
And all the Birds would migrate to the Arctic! ;-)
 It's been nice knowing you - legacylad
If they are anything like the 'birds' in Keighley that would be a huge plus
The Ancient Egyptians drew their maps with south at the top, and they did ok...no, wait...

Latest Forum Posts