Technical Car/Motor Issues > Jeep Grand Cherokee - 14 3.0 Exterior trim clips - available separately? Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Dave_ Replies: 5

Jeep Grand Cherokee - 14 3.0 Exterior trim clips - available separately? - Dave_
This piece of body colour trim (part no. 2 in the link) bit.ly/1NHhINQ "fell off" the left rear door of my car a couple of days ago. No damage to the trim itself, but all four plastic retaining clips have snapped in half.

The main dealer will only sell me the whole trim piece including clips for 70 quid; various Mopar factors in the States will supply and send the same item for around £40. I only need a handful of 50p clips for heavens' sake. It's tempting to rob two of the clips from the other side of the car, but I'll probably break those taking the trim off. I can't find anything similar online. Any ideas?

The clips in question are orange plastic with a rectangular top 20mm x 12mm, and they insert into circular 9mm diameter holes in the metalwork. The car is a WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (the Overland has unique trims, different to the Limited or Summit).
Last edited by: Dave_ on Sat 30 Jan 16 at 11:51
 Jeep Grand Cherokee - 14 3.0 Exterior trim clips - available separately? - Runfer D'Hills
"Fell off"?

Aye, my wife's car has bits like that...

;-)
 Jeep Grand Cherokee - 14 3.0 Exterior trim clips - available separately? - Zero
>> "Fell off"?
>>
>> Aye, my wife's car has bits like that...
>>
>> ;-)

Did you not get the memo?
 Jeep Grand Cherokee - 14 3.0 Exterior trim clips - available separately? - Zero
>> The clips in question are orange plastic with a rectangular top 20mm x 12mm, and
>> they insert into circular 9mm diameter holes in the metalwork. The car is a WK2
>> Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (the Overland has unique trims, different to the Limited or Summit).

Yes the clips will be available, ebay is your friend there. I got clips for the "much abused by wife" fezza, and some under tray clips for the lancer there.

HOWEVER

DO NOT replace them till its warmer. The cold makes them fragile.
Last edited by: Zero on Sat 30 Jan 16 at 12:01
 Jeep Grand Cherokee - 14 3.0 Exterior trim clips - available separately? - carmalade
Anything similar here;www.wurthusa.com/web/media/downloads/pdf/other_pdf_brochures/ABPortfolio_2011.pdf
 Jeep Grand Cherokee - 14 3.0 Exterior trim clips - available separately? - Dave_
Update on the clips saga... The clips are specific to this piece of trim on this model of this car only. No aftermarket equivalents are available separately. A replacement trim (with clips in an unlabelled bag) arrived today from Cummings, Georgia for just over half the price the UK Jeep dealer was asking. Bargain trim or expensive clips, you decide.

>> DO NOT replace them till its warmer. The cold makes them fragile.

An hour warming them up in the kitchen seemed to do the trick. Normal appearance is resumed.
Latest Forum Posts