Non-motoring > Fire at a Rubbish Tip Car Deals
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 19

Fire at a Rubbish Tip - No FM2R
In the land of never ending b***** disasters we now have a fire in a huge landfill.

Santiago is covered in smoke, it smells and its pretty unpleasant to breath. They are currently arguing about how toxic it is. (and my guess is very).

Nonetheless, the latest devastatingly ridiculous piece of advice from the Health Ministry is...

"Recuerdo, respire menos si está malo el aire"

"Remember, breath less if the air is bad"

This article is in Spanish, but have a look at the picture to get an idea of the smoke.

www.latercera.com/noticia/nacional/2016/01/680-664809-9-incendio-en-relleno-santa-marta-colegio-medico-critica-al-gobierno-y-asegura-que.shtml
 Fire at a Rubbish Tip - Armel Coussine
I've seen a few of these huge landfills, in Lagos and London among other places. They don't have to be on fire to smell bad. But they do spontaneously combust sometimes and smoulder for years.

Even so that smoke looks quite intense and health-threatening.
I have asthma and the smoke is affecting me.

I think we might mooch out to the beach for a few days just to avoid it.
 Fire at a Rubbish Tip - Alanovich
Don't the nippers need to go to school, NF?

Honestly don't know why you voluntarily put up with the country, surely the weather isn't the most important thing?
School holidays Al.

Just discussing moving out to the beach for a while. Our beach house is about 90 miles from here and the other side of some hills/mountains so the air will be clear.

I think we might wait for two or three hours, see what's happening and then decide.
 Fire at a Rubbish Tip - Alanovich
Oh yeah. Summer down there, innit. Seems unnatural to have school holidays in mid/late January.
 Fire at a Rubbish Tip - Runfer D'Hills
Everything's upside down too.
 Fire at a Rubbish Tip - Dog
>>it smells and its pretty unpleasant to breath.

To breathe too I shouldn't wonder.
Really? With the usual standard of your prose / typing?
I'm just thinking of your elf, guv'nor. Truly I am ;)
Just one thing after a b***** nother today, it really is.

www.publimetro.cl/nota/cronica/sernageomin-anuncia-alerta-verde-en-el-volcan-calbuco-tras-registro-de-fumarola/xIQpar!2iZBw2eCAWCBQ/
 Fire at a Rubbish Tip - Zero
Whats the matter with you? pffftttt No earthquake, No Tsunami.
Hah! I say, HAH!!

earthquaketrack.com/p/chile/recent
Hah? HAH? its a 4.7 max! we get bigger over when they are fracking.

Come back with a 7.5 or higher, and then we can say you have had one hellava day.
Actually it as a 6 a couple of weeks ago. But since the last biggie was an 8.4 a few months ago I take your point.
 Fire at a Rubbish Tip - Ted

No worse than a 60s Manchester smog.....ah, memories !
Or a 50's London peasouper ... ah, mammaries !
>> Or a 50's London peasouper ... ah, mammaries !

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcAf3W2SXh4
 Fire at a Rubbish Tip - Slidingpillar
Apparently, so my Mum was told, there were times when you could not see the ward clock in the Evelina London Childrens' Hospital when the pea soupers were at their worst.

My mum was a State Registered Childrens Nurse at the Evelina a few years later.
>>1952

The year I came into this world.

I can well-remember looking over the balcony/landing of our forth floor council flat orf Great Dover St SE1, and just about making out the headlights of vehicles heading home after work during those peasoupers in the late 1950's.

S'funny how our memory works. Mapmaker in the other thread took me back over 54 years to going shopping with my ole mum down the Walworth Rd.

Funny ole life :}
Latest Forum Posts