Non-motoring > National Confession Week Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 21

National Confession Week - Dog
Well, I woke up at 3.30am and went for a Jimmy, came back and opened the curtains as it was a starry starry night (cue for a song!)

I noticed that the moon was shining on my cars windscreen, and it was also shining on the ground immediately at each side the car.

Hang on a minute ... there wasn’t any moon visible that night.

Eh, I’d left the map light on since 5.30pm

I thought sod it, I’ll leave it until later in the morning, but thought, eh, better not, so I went down and turned it orf.

I put the battery on charge at just 2.2 amps for 30 mins., and it started okay, I then charged it for another 2 hours at 2.2 amps layder on.

Funnily enough I’d been toying with the idea of replacing the 6 year old OE Panasonic battery,
but now I’ve decided to live life on-the-edge, and hang on to it, for now.
 National Confession Week - madf
If that is all you need to confess, you are lucky.

>>If that is all you need to confess, you are lucky.

Did I say that :)

I had the map light on trying to work out what a switch on the lower RH side of the steering wheel was for.

It had the windscreen symbol but, it wasn't the rear demister (and I don't have a heated front screen)

Turns out to be a windscreen wiper de-icer ... what the eff would I want one of those for?

Useful in Saskatchewan I suppose.
 National Confession Week - Cliff Pope
>> >>If that is all you need to confess, you are lucky.
>>
>> Did I say that :)
>>
>>

Perhaps start by confessing a few minor sins, and then gauge by the reaction whether to slip in a few more serious ones?
>>Perhaps start by confessing a few minor sins, and then gauge by the reaction whether to slip in a few more serious ones?

Well, I began confessing my sins by fessing up about the kamikaze cyclist.
I thought I'd slip this one in while things were a tad quiet on the forum.
>>Perhaps start by confessing a few minor sins, and then gauge by the reaction whether to slip in a few more serious ones?

Well, I began confessing my sins by fessing up about the kamikaze cyclist.
I thought I'd slip this one in while things were a tad quiet on the forum.
 National Confession Week - Gromit
I think the windscreen wiper deicers were part of the optional all-weather pack on Foresters, along with heated seats and a full length sunroof.

The front screen is heated via the aircon, and very effective it was too on my old Foz.
>>The front screen is heated via the aircon, and very effective it was too on my old Foz.

I usually leave the air position control in the screen + footwell setting, but yes, it certainly clears the screen mucho pronto in the screen only position.

I have the heated seats and full length sunroof etc. but, stupid question I know ... how does the heated wiper function work, is there a heating element at the bottom of the windscreen?

Not that I'd ever get to use it I would imagine.
 National Confession Week - Gromit
I stand to be corrected here, but I think it was the glass where the wipers 'park' themselves was heated (so the blades could be unstuck from frost and would warm up enough to become flexible enough to work).
That's what I thought G, the engine speed dropped a tad when I gave the switch a prod, so it sure must draw some current.
 National Confession Week - Westpig
>> Not that I'd ever get to use it I would imagine.
>>

Don't be too hasty, it's a handy feature.

My S Type has it and in frosty weather it makes the wiper supple enough to properly fit the screen and clear it properly.

My wife's X Type has a heated screen, (which the S Type does not) but does not have the feature for the wipers...which is daft, because you clear the screen o.k. of ice, but the wipers remain frozen and don't remain a snug fit to the screen and therefore don't clear very much, such as the crap thrown up from other vehicles. I tend to pour boiling water over them before I leave.
Amazing really, whatever will they think of next I wonder, maybe one day we'll have auto-dimming rear view mirrors, and rain sensitive windscreen wipers :-)

How on earth did we get on in the olde days without all this paraphernalia!
 National Confession Week - Pat
I have a confession as a lifelong heavy metal fan.

Last night I watched Gary Barlow live on TV, I turned it up so loud no-one could hear me singing my heart out to I Want You Back for Good and to my shame, I enjoyed it.

It's so not cool.

I shall repent all day by playing some proper music.

Pat
Last edited by: pda on Fri 13 Dec 13 at 05:07
 National Confession Week - smokie
Gary Barlow has never struck me as being heavy metal. Not that I've ever listened to much of his output... I quite dislike the lip sync/karaoke style of so many artists, I like to see all the performers on stage, actually playing their instruments and creating the whole noise, even if they aren't that great. Pub bands are usually fun to watch.
>>Gary Barlow has never struck me as being heavy metal<<

Whoooosh:)

Pat
 National Confession Week - No FM2R
He didn't even need to duck.
So you are a headbanger then Pat, or a metalhead :)

It's funny really because I honestly couldn't put a name to one single solitary heavy metal band.

But then I see (wiki) that Led Zep, Deep Purple, and Black Sabbath come under that category,
So I must be a bit-of-a-fan too.

Can't say I've ever heard of the likes of Poison, Anthrax, Slayer, or Slipknot though.

How would one categorise this I wonder: www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z2O289Jemo
 National Confession Week - Zero
I watched this thread with interest to see what confessions you lot had that was worthy of, well, confessing. And what do I find? Dog leaving his lights on and Pat being a Heavy Metal headbanger.

pathetic. I had a stream of shocking, disturbing and highly embarrassing confessions to add to the thread, but frankly you are all "not worthy"

Carry on humdrum ones.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 27 Dec 13 at 00:55
 National Confession Week - Ted

I put a spoon in the fork bit of the cutlery drawer in 1976.

I soon noticed, and corrected my mistake swiftly !

Ted
 National Confession Week - FocalPoint
"I had a stream of shocking, disturbing and highly embarrassing confessions to add to the thread..."

I'm not sure I believe that.
>>"I had a stream of shocking, disturbing and highly embarrassing confessions to add to the thread..."
<<

He's all mouth and trousers.

Pat
 National Confession Week - Armel Coussine
>> all mouth and trousers.

Grinning evilly and three-quarter length respectively. But all due respect to Zero. He has certainly been a badass in his time.

I haven't of course, despite my sad pretence here of letting quite a lot of it hang out. In the real world I always try to set a good example. I'm just fairly crap at it.
Latest Forum Posts