Computer Related > E-BAY, signing in. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 14

E-BAY, signing in. - maltrap
When i sign in to E-BAY, then click on "sign in" it tells me i've "signed out" when i sign in again it,s ok. It,s been doing this for about a week now, am i doing something wrong or is there something wrong at E-BAY?
Thanks in anticipation.
 E-BAY, signing in. - Bellboy
its you
youve done something
try clearing your cookies and starting again on the e-boy page
 E-BAY, signing in. - The Nut
Whilst looking for a present for my other half I discovered that what the OP described happens when using private browsing, related to cookies I suspect so make sure you clear out the cookies as BB said. Also make sure you are accepting cookies from ebay.
 E-BAY, signing in. - R.P.
E-boy ? ;-0
Thanks B B &N B W. As i,m still wet behind the ears when it comes to computer management can you tell me how to delete cookies.
Thanks again.
What browser are you using?
You,ve bowled me a fast one already!
My computer came with Vista home prewmium. With Internet Explorer 7.
Hope this helps.
 E-BAY, signing in. - Iffy
Maltrap,

You could download the Firefox browser, which many people, including me, much prefer to Explorer.

It would give you a fresh start.

And there's no need to worry about bookmarks, Firefox will ask if you want to import them from Explorer.

I'm no computer whizz, and I managed to change easily enough, so it cannot be too hard.

www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/
www.aboutcookies.org/default.aspx?page=2

Instructions for most browsers there, Internet Explorer 7 is about 3rd down. Hope this helps.

But changing to firefox would be a great idea.
 E-BAY, signing in. - Dog
maltrap me ole son - why not update your puter to IE8,
I've tried other browsers, but gorn back to MS which I prefer.
www.microsoft.com/en/gb/default.aspx
Thanks for all the suggestions, unfortunately i,m going to have to get used to signing in twice!
 E-BAY, signing in. - VxFan
Download ccleaner (free software) and it'll do it for you when you run the relevant option in the menu.

Once run and you've taken a fresh look at your regular websites, go back into ccleaner again and customise it to save the cookies you want to keep to prevent it deleting them again when you next run it.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 29 May 10 at 17:42
 E-BAY, signing in. - FocalPoint
I use Opera to browse wherever possible, and CCleaner every day before shutting down. I thus get rid of all unnecessary stuff on a day-by-day basis. (I also defrag frequently.)

Besides Windows Defender, I run Avast and AdAware. (No problems with compatibility yet.)

Perhaps I'm paranoid about security, but I'd rather have to re-type passwords etc than worry that someone, somewhere, is gathering information about me, my browsing habits and my online buying preferences.
 E-BAY, signing in. - MD
Ditch Fireflops and use SRWare iron. Written by the 'Chrome' guys without the bugs.
Thanks again everyone. I think i,ve found a way around the problem i,ve put the E-Bay summary page on the fovourites instead of the E-Bay signing in page! It just shows there is more than one way to skin the old proverbial.
Latest Forum Posts