Non-motoring > 300 jobs swept under the carpet Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 3

300 jobs swept under the carpet - VxFan
This time Axminster.

The majority of staff at Axminster Carpets are set to lose their jobs, administrators have said.

Administrators Duff and Phelps said about 300 employees were to be made redundant at the company's sites in Axminster and Buckfast.

One hundred employees would be retained, they said.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-21668326
 300 jobs swept under the carpet - Robin O'Reliant
A combination of laminate flooring and places like carpetright.

From what I've seen Axminster's range consists of patterened carpets which nobody wants now and few ordinary householders will pay £1500 to carpet a room when one of the sheds will supply a decent quality one for about £300.
 300 jobs swept under the carpet - mikeyb
To be fair we bought fairly expensive carpet a couple of years back for the lounge. Its a wool carpet and pretty thick - think it was 72oz. Made by a Scottish company and recommended by the guy who runs our local independent carpet shop.

For the money there was nothing from any of the sheds that could touch it, and the guys who fitted it were a couple of local guys who charged less than I expected and changed a couple of other door runners for the cost of a new runner (and less than I could get it for in B&Q)

Those sheds have massive overheads to cover
 Axminster Carpets: Rescued firm reopens - VxFan
Axminster Carpets has reopened for business after a deal was struck to save the company.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-22067450

Latest Forum Posts