Non-motoring > Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice Start Work Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 34

Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice Start Work - Duncan
Prince Andrew's daughters are to become trade ambassadors for Britain, a role somewhat similar to that performed by Prince Andrew himself, until fairly recently.

tinyurl.com/atw95vv
 Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice Start Work - Zero
Jobs for the girls I see. Well lets face it a job in the fashion industry is out.
 Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice Start Work - Alanovich
Sigh. You know the rest.
I think they do it just to upset you.
They've never forgiven me for an incident involving a kite and Prince Charles on The Long Walk in about 1978. They don't half know how to bear a grudge.
 Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice Start Work - Roger.
A couple of fillies ripe for the selling plate at Ascot.
 Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice Start Work - Runfer D'Hills
Beatty passed within feet of me yesterday at a fashion trade show yesterday at Berlin Templehof airport (which is now an exhibition centre). Clearly she didn't recognise me or was too shy to stop for a chat...

:-)

Lots of serious looking security types in her entourage. Overcoats and earpieces, you know the sort of thing.
 Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice Start Work - bathtub tom
>>Beatty passed within feet of me yesterday at a fashion trade show yesterday

I suppose even Primark have to nick their designs from somewhere.

;>)
 Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice Start Work - Stuu
Much as I am a monarchist, I have zero time for these silly little girls, along with their father. There was a time when minor royals engaged in worthwhile causes and used their name to advance those causes such as Princess Helena, a founding member of the Red Cross.
 Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice Start Work - VxFan
If these pair are supposed to be flying the British flag, what are they doing promoting it in a BMW Mini?
Made in Britain and exported all round the world perhaps?
 Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice Start Work - madf
Future austerity should include a cull on Royals on the State Payroll and with free security.
Benefit scroungers. And they get all the best council houses. Blasted German/Greek immigrants.
 Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice Start Work - Mapmaker
Can't resist an opportunity to be unpleasant to somebody who cannot answer back, can you Alanovic. Such a charmer.
>> Can't resist an opportunity to be unpleasant to somebody who cannot answer back, can you
>> Alanovic.

Gift horse and all that.

Opps! bad choice of words.

Last edited by: Zero on Fri 18 Jan 13 at 16:56
Oh get a sense of humour, Mappymaker. And perspective. If people stick themselves in the public's face and live the high life at our expense, then I think they can expect a bit of a ribbing about it.

I'm just jealous, see, aren't I John H?
Last edited by: Alanović on Fri 18 Jan 13 at 16:57
>> Can't resist an opportunity to be unpleasant to somebody who cannot answer back, can you
>

Who can't answer back?

Why can't they?
 Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice Start Work - Bromptonaut
>> Alanovic. Such a charmer.

We all know where A stands on the Monarchy. Seemed reasonably funny to me though I share a similar view on the extended family of HM.
 Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice Start Work - John H
>> Alanovic. Such a charmer.
>>

Alanovic, did you say?

I am sure he makes sure his children do not get anything from him & wife due to the accident of their birth.

He is not envious of any body at all and believes in equal opportunities and rights for everyone.

To that end, he has sent them to live with the poverty stricken families in Eastern Africa so that they learn and earn their own way to the right to a decent living in the West, or failing that use their right to emigrate to England as he believes the all the people in the world have a right to settle here.

Ah, John H. Still talking about me and not to me, I see. Such a charmer, to coin a phrase.
>> Ah, John H. Still talking about me and not to me, I see.

It's ok, he's been given a week off for bad behaviour.
 Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice Start Work - John H
>> If these pair are supposed to be flying the British flag, what are they doing
>> promoting it in a BMW Mini?
>>

If a foreign company wants to own BMW MINI and produce the cars in this country, good luck to them for creating jobs in Blighty.
 Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice Start Work - Dutchie
At least they are doing something usefull.I don't know what their old man Andrew is getting up to.
>> If a foreign company wants to own BMW MINI and produce the cars in this
>> country, good luck to them for creating jobs in Blighty.

And at the same time losing a lot of jobs at Rover. Lets face it, BMW only wanted to help Rover out for the Mini name. No other reason.
Lets face it, Rover was a basket case and nearly brought down BMW. Do you really think Rover could have made a success of the mini?
Last edited by: Zero on Sat 19 Jan 13 at 08:57
>> Do you really think Rover could have made a success of the mini?

I didn't say that they could. BMW were only after the brand name.
 Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice Start Work - No FM2R
site.bmwsucks.com/category.php?licenseKey=37e6d44add3dfcb44ac279ea80185e7e&ID=1778

Not 100%, but not a bad perspective.
That made for interesting reading.

When BMW looked at Rover, they were impressed. Their opinion was that in terms of quality, Rover were as good as, if not in some cases better than, BMW

I stopped reading at that point, clearly the rest was going to be a work of fiction.
You do need to understand the angle it comes from, but it remains a good perspective.

I was involved in some automotive stuff in those days, and BMW had an interesting time of it.

In Campo Largo there was an engine plant built in partnership between Chrysler and BMW (Rover) which was still WIP when the Chrysler/Daimler deal went through essentially meaning that BMW was in partnership with Daimler; it was building an engine to be used in the Mini. The plant was visited by Blair - the same Blair who was reported by the British press as "stunned" a while later when he "found out" that the engine would no longer be built in the UK.

That was before BMW wandered away and built a new engine with Peugeot.

I think the Chinese bought the plant in the end and used it to make an engine for the Lifor Mini competitor.
At the end of the day we ended up with one working profitable successful car plant, better than Rover could have eventually managed on their own.

Not that I like the mini you understand, its a fat bloated caricature, not the small classy family supermini it could have been.
Last edited by: Zero on Sat 19 Jan 13 at 15:23
 Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice Start Work - madf
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> When BMW looked at Rover, they were impressed. Their opinion was that in terms of
>> quality, Rover were as good as, if not in some cases better than, BMW
>>
>>

>>
>> I stopped reading at that point, clearly the rest was going to be a work
>> of fiction.
>>

+1

Absolute blinkered bonkers...
>>Absolute blinkered bonkers...

Yes, but that is how they were.

And it will help in understanding the dynamics involved since given that the world has an opinion on the dealings between BMW & Rover and the reasoning behind it, it is amazing that so few actually seem to understand.

And the rosy view of Rover is one issue. However, so is the view that they had nothing, and so is failing to understand what BMW wanted and what they thought Rover had.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sat 19 Jan 13 at 16:04
 Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice Start Work - Dutchie
The mini should have never been giving up to a foreign competitor.It's a British icon,was it lack of interest not the right skills to develop the car further? I don't know.
Link to The Telegraph:-

tinyurl.com/anky4fa
Latest Forum Posts