Technical Car/Motor Issues > Peugeot 406 - 03 2.0 Heater Blower Miscellaneous
Thread Author: ToMoCo Replies: 13

Peugeot 406 - 03 2.0 Heater Blower - ToMoCo
A couple of years ago the blower failed and i fixed it by soldering the following part to the blower fan resistor unit

www.maplin.co.uk/huf75337p3-22997

Has now failed again, but the part i used is not available.

If I search on maplin for MOSFETS i get the following :-

www.maplin.co.uk/mos-fet-transistors-33843

Can anyone kindly advise if they think this would do the job?

Peugeot 406 - 03 2.0 Heater Blower - rtj70
www.eurotech.co.uk/dynamic/detail.php?part1=HUF75337P3&man=FAIRCHILD+SEMICONDUCTOR&gclid=CM2ryYDd1rQCFbMbtAoddQkAdA

Proves some people have them... but there is a minimum order value which you won't satisfy. eBay perhaps?
Last edited by: rtj70 on Mon 7 Jan 13 at 17:00
 Peugeot 406 - 03 2.0 Heater Blower - Victorbox
Happy bidding: tinyurl.com/a89afm9
 Peugeot 406 - 03 2.0 Heater Blower - Kevin
No, they're both much lower spec than the HUF75337P3 and I think the HUF75337P3 has been superceded by the 339P3.

Depending on the control circuit, I'd use one of these with a dab of heatsink compound.

tinyurl.com/b5xhvjw
rtj - thanks, £100 min order is a bit of a pain though!

victorbox, again thanks, a possibility. I would like something asap.

Kevin - The specs as far as I can tell for the HUF75337P3 are 62A & 55V, while admittedly I know nothing of what these mean in real terms, you are right, the other 2 from maplin are rated only at 0.2A or 30A.

The one you linked to is 209A & 75V - does this matter greatly? I see they have another listed: -
tinyurl.com/b6ye595

This is 84A and 60V? The (heat sink?) part of this looks exactly the same as the one that's on it just now

I would like to order something today and get it fitted. Your help is much appreciated.
 Peugeot 406 - 03 2.0 Heater Blower - Kevin
>The one you linked to is 209A & 75V - does this matter greatly?

It's a higher rating than the HUF with a lower (better) drain/source resistance. It's also designed specifically for automotive applications.

>I see they have another listed: -

Looking at the datasheet (click "Download Datasheet" to compare), I think that would also work.

Just make sure that whatever you use is mounted onto the aluminium heatsink clean and tight, and use a thin smear of heatsink thermal compound between the MOSFET and heatsink if you have any handy.

>> victorbox, again thanks, a possibility. I would like something asap.

but it's only 3 days to go until auction ends?
>> Just make sure that whatever you use is mounted onto the aluminium heatsink clean and
>> tight, and use a thin smear of heatsink thermal compound between the MOSFET and heatsink
>> if you have any handy.

Thanks. Ordered. I do have a little thermal paste. will put a dab on.

>> but it's only 3 days to go until auction ends?

I know, but as of Sunday I'll be working away from home and was hoping to have it sorted before that. Not the end of the world if not, but the windows misting up in this wet weather is a pain.
>> but he windows misting up in this wet weather is a pain.

Tell me about it! I've just forked out £320 to have the Zafira's fan motor and resistor pack replaced as the fan bearing seized taking the resistor pack with it.
 Peugeot 406 - 03 2.0 Heater Blower - VxFan
Googling the Maplin number "UE47B" found this:

www.cliodci.net/viewtopic.php?t=1416&f=7

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Clio-Heater-Climate-Control-Resistor-Pack-/220762346082?

uk.rs-online.com/web/p/mosfet-transistors/6715363P/?origin=PSF_430864 (which shows the Mfr Part No as HUF75337P3

EDIT - just seen the part from RS is temporarily out of stock - back order for despatch 04/04/2013
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 9 Jan 13 at 09:47
>> Tell me about it! I've just forked out £320 to have the Zafira's fan motor
>> and resistor pack replaced as the fan bearing seized taking the resistor pack with it.
>>

Ouch!

Cheers Dave. Hmmnnn... £35 for a refurb... maybe that minimum order value from eurotech is worth looking into, I've got plenty solder ;)
 Peugeot 406 - 03 2.0 Heater Blower - VxFan
Some of these are slightly cheaper than the refurb

tinyurl.com/a4tpva6 - ebay
Kevin, thanks. I ordered the part you first linked to.

Just soldered it on and all is working as it should. The fan speeds on each setting seem a little different to before, I guess because of a different resistance now.
 Peugeot 406 - 03 2.0 Heater Blower - eurotech
Old thread I know, but if anyone else is looking, we usually reduce the minimum order value where we have stock.

jason

eurotech.co.uk
Last edited by: eurotech on Tue 15 Mar 16 at 11:28
Latest Forum Posts