Computer Related > Forwarding attachments via Windows Live Mail Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 10

Forwarding attachments via Windows Live Mail - Dog
When I try to forward any attachments that have been sent to me, and I can see OK, I get a message thus:

One or more of the pictures in this message cannot be found.
When you send this message these pictures will not be included.
Are you sure you want to send this message.

Why's that then? (blimmin windows live mail!!!)

If you receive an error saying that pictures cannot be found, you will need to adjust the security settings in Windows Live Mail.

Clear the check box that says “Block images and other external content in HTML email” in Windows Live Mail.

a. Open Windows Live Mail.

b. Click on Tools and then on Options.

c. Switch to security tab.

d. Clear the box that says “Block images and other external content in HTML email”

e. Click on Ok to save changes.

Now check if you receive this error message while sending out emails.

For any further assistance on this issue, you can visit the link below.

Windows Live Forums

www.windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=10

Hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Mouneshwar R – Microsoft Support

:)
Nope! - I've done all that crap and its still having none of it - I hate windows live mail

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate WINDOWS LIVE MAIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Forwarding attachments via Windows Live Mail - Zero
Mine works fine.
 Forwarding attachments via Windows Live Mail - John H
Have you tried sending it to yourself to check whether the attachment actually fails to go?

I have John, I've also sent it to my Gmail address plus friends, this isn't a new thing BTW, I get a lot of 'stuff' that I like to forward to others and I have had this problem before.

With my latest effort, I sent it to my Gmail address and the pictures that should appear along side the text, appeared at the bottom on their own, strange :)
Still no solution to this problem (because there isn't one) seems I'm not the only one who HATES WLM then:

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-email/windows-live-mail-error-one-or-more-of-the/36eda033-791d-4a1e-8347-b55cc659800f

I've installed Thunderbird now, so FU to MS.
 Forwarding attachments via Windows Live Mail - Stuartli
I used Outlook Express and then Thunderbird until getting a Windows7 system. I hated Windows Live Mail, especially the 2011 version, and dumped it to go back to Thunderbird. PUTA..:-)
In the end I saved the email with the 22 pictures and text to my documents, and then forwarded it on as an attachment.

Nil point for Microsoft though, and am now going with Thunderbirds.
 Forwarding attachments via Windows Live Mail - Iffy
...the email with the 22 pictures...

Could be part of the problem, email works best with small files - two or three pics at most.

I think my company email wouldn't accept an incoming message with 22 pics, even if you could manage to send it.

I receive a lot of this-sort of stuff from friends and relatives far and wide Iffy, some of it can be quite amusing and people nag me if I don't forward them and bring some light into their lives.

I received this one flic.kr/p/bVsZ32 just one image on the email, and although it came through to me OK, when I attempted to forward it on I got a pop up message appear saying "the images couldn't be found" as I stated further up the thread.

Having 'Binged' that pop up message, I see that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem, by a long chalk, which is why I am now using Mozilla Thunderbirds.
Latest Forum Posts