Computer Related > SSE Fibre Broadband and phone. Computing Issues
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 8

SSE Fibre Broadband and phone. - Roger.
I'm in the process of switching our gas and electricity supply to SSE, as they are a good bit cheaper than most others which meet my criteria.
E.on whose MSE Collective fixed September 2015, finishes soon are terribly out of the market, on price, for me on any of their publicly offered tariffs.
I cannot find any collective deals on offer at present, darn it.
The switch comes with a £30 cashback after 3 months, which lessen the pain!
Anyway, for SSE Energy customers there is an SSE fibre broadband and phone offer which is very competitive.

"Exclusive offer for existing SSE energy customers: 18 months FREE unlimited fibre broadband with Talk Anytime phone packages starting at just £21 a month".

"Monthly cost breakdown:
£5.00 call bundle, £0.00 broadband and £16.00 line rental per month. It's an 18-month fixed term contract for both the broadband and phone services. Some call features will come at an additional cost and there may also be an upfront charge for your phone line – see important information for details.

FREE unlimited fibre broadband for 18 months with our Talk Anytime package – exclusive offer for existing SSE energy customers

Unlimited downloads, so you can stream and download as much as you like – see Important Information for details on our acceptable use and traffic management policies"

Now, I've seen comments, not positive, on both SSE customer service and traffic management policies: the latter throttling certain types of traffic at busy times.

The deal is too cheap to dismiss out of hand, so has anyone here got SSE Fibre broadband and if so, what is your real life experience?

Last edited by: Roger. on Sun 7 Aug 16 at 19:31
 SSE Fibre Broadband and phone. - rtj70
All Fibre broadband via a phone line in the UK is using BT Openreach's FTTC product. Maybe the provider can ask for throttling etc. but only BT have FTTC VDSL throughout the UK.
 SSE Fibre Broadband and phone. - bathtub tom
The broadband's an eighteen month contract. What happens to your energy prices after twelve months, or is that also an eighteen month deal?
Presumably you have to stay an SSE customer for 18 months or pay an exit clause? Or pay full price if you switch supplier.

Some good questions for Roger to get answers to.

We've stuck with our supplier for gas/electric and just got a new deal. It seems as good or near enough for us to the alternatives. I could get phone/broadband cheaper via a few routes but not by much and happy with a reliable service (over 6 years back with BT).
 SSE Fibre Broadband and phone. - Stuartli
nPower lets you terminate a fixed term contract tariff without any penalty if you find a better deal elsewhere, as well as let you switch to an improved tariff mid-term with it if a better deal than you currently enjoy is made available.
I know, we stayed with nPower.
>> Presumably you have to stay an SSE customer for 18 months or pay an exit
>> clause? Or pay full price if you switch supplier.
>>
>> Some good questions for Roger to get answers to.

Yes, indeed - I have just posed that question to SSE Customer Services!
 SSE Fibre Broadband and phone. - Dog
Some 'stuff' here Dodger:

uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.sse.com

forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=82665726

forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/4481381-sse-talk-anytime-broadband-and-calls-package.html?page=7&fpart=all
Yes - I had seen most of those. hence the uncertainty!
Latest Forum Posts