Computer Related > SSE Fibre Broadband and phone. Computing Issues
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 8

SSE Fibre Broadband and phone. - Roger.
I'm in the process of switching our gas and electricity supply to SSE, as they are a good bit cheaper than most others which meet my criteria.
E.on whose MSE Collective fixed September 2015, finishes soon are terribly out of the market, on price, for me on any of their publicly offered tariffs.
I cannot find any collective deals on offer at present, darn it.
The switch comes with a £30 cashback after 3 months, which lessen the pain!
Anyway, for SSE Energy customers there is an SSE fibre broadband and phone offer which is very competitive.

"Exclusive offer for existing SSE energy customers: 18 months FREE unlimited fibre broadband with Talk Anytime phone packages starting at just £21 a month".

"Monthly cost breakdown:
£5.00 call bundle, £0.00 broadband and £16.00 line rental per month. It's an 18-month fixed term contract for both the broadband and phone services. Some call features will come at an additional cost and there may also be an upfront charge for your phone line – see important information for details.

FREE unlimited fibre broadband for 18 months with our Talk Anytime package – exclusive offer for existing SSE energy customers

Unlimited downloads, so you can stream and download as much as you like – see Important Information for details on our acceptable use and traffic management policies"

Now, I've seen comments, not positive, on both SSE customer service and traffic management policies: the latter throttling certain types of traffic at busy times.

The deal is too cheap to dismiss out of hand, so has anyone here got SSE Fibre broadband and if so, what is your real life experience?

Last edited by: Roger. on Sun 7 Aug 16 at 19:31
 Messages Author Date
 SSE Fibre Broadband and phone. new Roger. 7 Aug 16 19:29
 SSE Fibre Broadband and phone. new rtj70 7 Aug 16 19:56
 SSE Fibre Broadband and phone. new bathtub tom 7 Aug 16 23:29
 SSE Fibre Broadband and phone. new rtj70 7 Aug 16 23:39
 SSE Fibre Broadband and phone. new Stuartli 8 Aug 16 00:22
 SSE Fibre Broadband and phone. new rtj70 8 Aug 16 01:22
 SSE Fibre Broadband and phone. new Roger. 8 Aug 16 10:14
 SSE Fibre Broadband and phone. new Dog 8 Aug 16 11:16
 SSE Fibre Broadband and phone. new Roger. 8 Aug 16 11:31
Latest Forum Posts