Non-motoring > Meldrew Moment Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Kevin Replies: 1

Meldrew Moment - Kevin
The Chevy is due a major service with some preventive maintenance thrown in so I started sourcing parts last week.
Pretty much everything I wanted was available from UK parts suppliers but was "delivery in 2 to 3 weeks". I guess that was because they needed time to goldplate and encrust them with diamonds. £360 + £delivery for a fuel pump?!

I ended up ordering from the US and got the fuel pump, fuel filter, tank straps, serpentine belt, diff cover, rocker cover and intake manifold gaskets for £318.65 including delivery and any import fees. Ordered last Wednesday evening and delivered today.

I ordered new fluids and consumables from UK suppliers.

After paying £6.99 for delivery, the limited slip diff lube I ordered arrived on Saturday but wasn't lsd oil in the box. Two emails over the weekend (they're open 7 days) went unanswered. A phone call this morning resulted in me emailing again with a photo of what was delivered but got no response. A follow-up call this afternoon ended with a "She's on the phone, I'll pass her your message." Needless to say, no response again.

Some new bolts I ordered from Manchester, just in case, are still
"Preparation in Progress" so the 48hr delivery hasn't worked.

Useless £$%^ers. I hope they both go bust!
 Meldrew Moment - Fullchat
Perhaps they are just a 'Go between' and are ordering from the States.

You have to check these so called UK suppliers. For example Autodoc are based in Berlin which is where the parts are dispatched from.
Latest Forum Posts