Non-motoring > Meldrew Moment Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Kevin Replies: 1

Meldrew Moment - Kevin
The Chevy is due a major service with some preventive maintenance thrown in so I started sourcing parts last week.
Pretty much everything I wanted was available from UK parts suppliers but was "delivery in 2 to 3 weeks". I guess that was because they needed time to goldplate and encrust them with diamonds. £360 + £delivery for a fuel pump?!

I ended up ordering from the US and got the fuel pump, fuel filter, tank straps, serpentine belt, diff cover, rocker cover and intake manifold gaskets for £318.65 including delivery and any import fees. Ordered last Wednesday evening and delivered today.

I ordered new fluids and consumables from UK suppliers.

After paying £6.99 for delivery, the limited slip diff lube I ordered arrived on Saturday but wasn't lsd oil in the box. Two emails over the weekend (they're open 7 days) went unanswered. A phone call this morning resulted in me emailing again with a photo of what was delivered but got no response. A follow-up call this afternoon ended with a "She's on the phone, I'll pass her your message." Needless to say, no response again.

Some new bolts I ordered from Manchester, just in case, are still
"Preparation in Progress" so the 48hr delivery hasn't worked.

Useless £$%^ers. I hope they both go bust!
 Messages Author Date
 Meldrew Moment new Kevin 8 Aug 22 20:11
 Meldrew Moment new Fullchat 8 Aug 22 22:16
Latest Forum Posts