Non-motoring > Any BG customers - odd email Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Rudedog Replies: 2

Any BG customers - odd email - Rudedog
Just received an email from BG regarding my account (I have gas and electricity with them), the email goes along the lines of 'Thanks for choosing us for your Gas Appliance Check, your agreement is up and running and you've already paid for it - thank you".

Well this is news to me!!!

I haven't had any contact with them let alone agree to anything, we only have a gas boiler and that is serviced by the guy who installed it.

Looking at my online account the Home-care has been added although it seems to be 'no charge' for the first year.

Reading the small print there is a 14 day cooling off period but I haven't taken anything out!

I'll be ringing them tomorrow and asking for it to be taken off with a confirmation email.

Worrying that I might have missed this and then next year they would ask for payment.

Any advice?
 Any BG customers - odd email - bathtub tom
>>Looking at my online account the Home-care has been added although it seems to be 'no charge' for the first year.

I suspect therein lies your problem. You may have had to cancel the 'home-care' before the end of the free first year.

Another possibility, have you accessed your BG account by putting the HTML in, rather than just replying to this (possibly spurious) email?
 Any BG customers - odd email - Rudedog
Unfortunately it's a genuine email, I've checked using the BG website via Google.

It looks like they are offering it to me free for the next year and then I suspect they'll want to charge.

Thing is they've already given me an account number for Homecare BUT I've not asked for it or made any contact with BG.

Sounds like they are assuming I'll want it or that I won't notice it's there until it's too late..

Anyhow I have 14 days to cancel so I'll be on to them tomorrow.. not happy though.. I expect to get some kind of phone selling telling me what good value it is and to 'give it a chance'.

As I tell my kids... 'There's no such thing as a free lunch".
Latest Forum Posts