Non-motoring > Direct Line Advertising Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: wokingham Replies: 4

Direct Line Advertising - wokingham
I have to wonder why Direct Line think that using a fading American film star in their advertising is going to prove an incentive to people to buy their insurance?
 Direct Line Advertising - CGNorwich
Well you obviously noticed it and now you are mentioning it to other people on a motoring forum. Sounds like a a result for Direct Line if you ask me. :-)
 Direct Line Advertising - wokingham
Not really - I notice dog dirt on the pavements and I mention that to the Council Dog Warden. Doesn't mean I like or endorse it.
 Direct Line Advertising - Cliff Pope
It keeps the Dog Warden in a job, telling people about Direct Line keeps them in theirs.
 Direct Line Advertising - J Bonington Jagworth
I'm pleased to say I haven't noticed it. I gave up with DL a few years ago when I got a favourable quote via one of the comparison sites that they are so sniffy about. One of their claims is/was that the efficiency of their operation allows them to undercut such policies, so I rang them for a quote which turned out to be more than the one I already had. They were quite put out when I suggested that they weren't living up to their claims and insisted that their policy covered more extras, but refused to revise the quote to exclude things I didn't want.
Latest Forum Posts