Non-motoring > Topping up a PAYG mobile 'phone Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 9

Topping up a PAYG mobile 'phone - bathtub tom
SWMBO's got an Orange (or EE) PAYG mobile 'phone.

She always tops it up by credit card with a 'phone call. Last night it wouldn't accept her card. We've been onto her credit card company and they say there's no problem. She's used her card today with no problems, so it looks like it's not a problem with her card.

We've spoken to someone at Orange (asian call centre I'd guess) and they couldn't top it up. Of course they blamed her card and then we got nowhere.

I've been on there website and hey-ho when I try to top-up, or add another card I get a message:
Sorry, we're having some technical issues - please try again. If there are still problems, please try our help & support.

Any suggestions as to how we can top it up without going into town. We've only ever done it over the 'phone before.

She's getting a little edgy!
 Topping up a PAYG mobile 'phone - No FM2R
Anything here help?

ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up/pay-as-you-go-top-ups/ways-to-top-up
 Topping up a PAYG mobile 'phone - Stuartli
You've more than likely checked out this link:

www1.orange.co.uk/service_plans/payasyougo/topup/online.html

and been taken to:

www.youraccount.orange.co.uk/topup/pub/topup

but if not, might be worth a try.
 Topping up a PAYG mobile 'phone - Duncan
Just a thought for the future.

Which? tests on PAYG mobile phone service providers show that approval ratings are

GiffGaff 79%
Tesco 68%
Asda 67%
O2 63%
Virgin 60%
3 59%
Orange 53%
EE 52%
Vodafone 52%
T mobile 46%

The pay monthly ratings put Orange and EE at the bottom.

I've mentioned before that I'm with GiffGaff - that top rating merely confirms my full satisfaction with its service, highly competitive pricing and the fact that the GiffGaff Community plays a big role in its success.
 Topping up a PAYG mobile 'phone - VxFan
Just a shame the name is so naff.
Any more naff than Orange, Virgin, Tesco or Asda?
Last edited by: Stuartli on Fri 16 May 14 at 18:13
 Topping up a PAYG mobile 'phone - bathtub tom
Thanks Stuartli your second link worked.

Strange that, if I go in via www.youraccount.orange.co.uk/sss/jfn?entry=true&dub=1
I still get Sorry, we're having some technical issues - please try again. If there are still problems, please try our help & support.
 Topping up a PAYG mobile 'phone - mikeyb
I'm sure you can top up orange mobiles at cash points - just use your mobile number as the identifier
 Topping up a PAYG mobile 'phone - Slidingpillar
Virgin for the deaf!

You can top up on the internet with your credit card and there is no speaking or listening needed. I'm a very light user though as I use the phone as a back-up device to communicate when the computer is not connected.

I only use it for texts, and my brother has made the sole voice call to confirm my cheapy phone was working. Cost me a whole £5!
Latest Forum Posts