Non-motoring > A petition I haven't signed Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 7

A petition I haven't signed - Armel Coussine
... although on the face of it it's a cause I support and sympathise with, the (almost certainly hopeless) attempt to make the drug laws more rational.

There's this bien-pensant website called Avaaz which keeps emailing me to further the causes of e.g. oppressed Muslim women, genocide victims in savage backwaters of the world and so on. Its latest is a petiton, admittedly only to get parliament to have a proper debate on the subject which on past observation will be a huge, dispiriting waste of parliamentary time from which nothing useful will emerge, about the drug laws.

Normally I would have signed more or less automatically. But I didn't because the Avaaz promoter in this case is the egregious, loathsome comedian Russell Brand who I regard as detestable and beyond the pale. You can be those things and still be funny sometimes, not entirely stupid and right about this issue or that. But if people recognise you as a screaming carphound you'd better keep it shut.
 A petition I haven't signed - NortonES2
He seems quite articulate if perhaps a trifle verbose. Not related are you:)
 A petition I haven't signed - Robin O'Reliant
About five years ago I had a late night run back from Tadley in Hants. His show was on R2 for two hours, and quite frankly how he ever got to earn a living as a comedian is way beyond me. Childish rubbish.
 A petition I haven't signed - Armel Coussine
Watch it NIL... not without abilities, but a piece of excrement. Whining little turd.
 A petition I haven't signed - Roger.
Russell Brand is living proof that one cannot polish a turd.
Last edited by: Roger on Thu 13 Feb 14 at 22:30
 A petition I haven't signed - Robin O'Reliant
Bring on the revolution!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrVe7jJE__M

What a large breast.
 A petition I haven't signed - CGNorwich
"Russell Brand is living proof that one cannot polish a turd."

Just watched that interview and must say he has a more coherent and logical set of political aims than Ukip.
 A petition I haven't signed - madf
>> "Russell Brand is living proof that one cannot polish a turd."
>>
>> Just watched that interview and must say he has a more coherent and logical set
>> of political aims than Ukip.
>>

Setting the standard low means any bunch of nutters and half wits could do that.
Latest Forum Posts