Non-motoring > Aston Martin - Aston Martin DB5 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: .... Replies: 15

Aston Martin - Aston Martin DB5 - ....
I was clearing the loft today when I came across an Aston Martin 007 DB5 box (you've all seen the one with the ejecting man). Unfortunately the contents were some small snooker table balls and a few marbles...Bah !

After checking my Hornby 00 scale was intact and moving some of the rolling stock into the correct boxes, I tackled Flight Deck, unravelled the plane to discover one of the wheels in missing, undercarriage snapped off. Just makes for a more exciting landing.

I'd saved my best to last, Steer'n Go- Opened the box and it's all still in there though will have to wait to get some R2 batteries to power it. Hiding in the corner of the box...the DB5 to go in the box above. Not mint (I was about 8 when I bought and played with it) but I'm a happy chappie. DB5 will be taking pride of place next to my F40 model with remote alarm. Both in their original boxes.
 Aston Martin - Aston Martin DB5 - Fullchat
Moving my mother out of the family home last year necessitated the big clearout. Boxes of old toys including the DB 5, not pristine nor supporting the little man. Someone told me they command good money but I've seen no evidence to support that claim. Currently sat on my desktop at work. Surprising how many people have a little play and exclaim, "I had one of those."
Found some diecast Thunderbirds as well.
 Aston Martin - Aston Martin DB5 - MD
Got one all working, but without box. Last time I enquired it was worth NBTTFA.
 Aston Martin - Aston Martin DB5 - Duncan
>>Last time I enquired it was worth NBTTFA.
>>

NBTTFA?

Now Boys Ta Ta For Awhile?

Not Blessed Time To Find Another?

Or do the last two letters indicate that it is an item of no value?

O.K. I give up.
 Aston Martin - Aston Martin DB5 - MD
Next Best thing To......................
Mine must be in similar condition to yours FC. I still have the little man, the roof doesn't align properly though it still works as it should firing the little guy out..
Still got the price sticker on the box from when I bought it in the late 70's from Jennings toy shop in Weston Super Mare.
 Aston Martin - Aston Martin DB5 - Zero
Late 70's? Thats the remade corgi classics or corgi collectables one then.

The original 1965 one, boxed, in mint condition complete with its TWO figures and top secret leaflet is worth about 100 - 150 quid. The remakes are worth squidly, except of course the flood of happy memories of boyhood. Which are priceless.

Aston Martin - Aston Martin DB5 - Iffy
I think me and my brothers had two - an orignal gold one and a later silver one which, if memory serves, had a couple more gadgets.
Yeah, being a baby boomer, I had a Gold one too. The shield at the back popped up as well if i recall.

The best by far tho was the Bat Mobile. H&S would have a fit these days, full of sharp edges, and it fired little plastic missiles into your eyes.
 Aston Martin - Aston Martin DB5 - Iffy
Might be wrong here, but I think the gold one had the ejector seat, rear shield and pop-out machine gun front bumper over-riders.

The silver one added tyre shredders which pulled out of the rear hubs.

Last edited by: Iffy on Mon 9 Jul 12 at 08:44
 Aston Martin - Aston Martin DB5 - Bagpuss
Current bid of 25 quid here in eBay:

tinyurl.com/c3lo82r

Had to look twice to confirm that this is just the empty box, without the DB5!
Did you notice the price of the empty Bat-mobile box !!!
 Aston Martin - Aston Martin DB5 - Bagpuss
>> Did you notice the price of the empty Bat-mobile box !!!

Wow, 160 quid!
 Aston Martin - Aston Martin DB5 - Ian (Cape Town)
>> The remakes are worth squidly, except
>> of course the flood of happy memories of boyhood. Which are priceless.
>>
Indeed, Zero.
I recall:
pink panther car, with pullthrough toothed handle to get the big wheel (gyro'ed) spinning.
Thunderbird 4
Joe90 strange vehicle.
(?) CaptainScarlet (?) missile-firing spacecraft thingy - looked like a robin reliant with a dildo attached.

Maybe I was wrong... (probably) was it UFO?
Last edited by: Ian (Cape Town) on Mon 9 Jul 12 at 18:24
It was a UFO interceptor, launched from a submarine called Sky 1, usually piloted by Peter Gordino wearing a string vest.

www.starstore.com/acatalog/Starstore_Catalogue_UFO__INTERCEPTOR___UFO_DIE_CAST_SET_3112.html
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 9 Jul 12 at 18:41
 Aston Martin - Aston Martin DB5 - Ted

I have a mint, boxed DB5 with spare man and documents. Can't remember the colour but it's an original. Inherited from FiL with about 30 Models of Yesteryear, all boxed and untouched.
Includes the Cord, Auburn, Duesenberg, MG TA,...all nice models.

Also included is the Dinky Phantom state limo in it's perspex case.

Trouble is, they're all worth 10/15 quid each. Better to keep them for grandsons, perhaps.
Once they're gone...they're gone !

Ted
Latest Forum Posts