Motoring Discussion > Autoglym Aqua Wax/Express Wax Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 7

Autoglym Aqua Wax/Express Wax - Manatee
This stuff works. I can wash the car and apply this quicker than I can wash and dry it with a chammy.

Aqua Wax comes in a 500ml kit with some cloths, but I bought 5l of the trade version - Express Wax, and I have lots of the necessary microfibre cloths. A silicone blade helps, to remove the bulk of the water.

With the car still wet, wipe on the 'wax' with one cloth, drying the car at the same time. You can go over all the black plastic, rubber bits and the glass. Buff off with a clean dry cloth, glass first.

I didn't read the instructions properly which say to avoid the windscreen, but it doesn't seem to have hurt it. The retail version comes in a spray - I might try decanting some into a trigger spray, so far I've just put a bit on the cloth using a pump bottle (I'd knock over the 5l container for sure). Depending on how wet the car is, you might have to wring the cloth now and again. The main gripe people seem to have is that if you apply too much it's hard to buff - I think the spraying probably induces people to use too much. I can do a big panel with one squirt on a cloth.

It took me half an hour to wash the car, rinse and apply it this morning - I'd rather take a bit longer but an hour is enough for a good job. It looks great and sheds water well.

I think the Resin Polish/Radiant Wax is more durable, and worth using, but the car needs to be dry and it takes longer. The Aqua/Express Wax is good for more frequent use in between.

I can see why the trade use it. It might also explain why that 'wax polish' on a new car only lasts a few washes!
 Autoglym Aqua Wax/Express Wax - Skoda
Do you not find it grabs on the cloth? It goes on well where there's plenty of water left on the car but on a warm day i find it tends to be annoying to work with.

Lasts pretty well though and a light wash brings it up again between waxes.

There's another one of this ilk that i've been sticking with recently, same idea. Meguirs Quick Wax.
 Autoglym Aqua Wax/Express Wax - madf
"It took me half an hour to wash the car, rinse and apply it this morning - I'd rather take a bit longer but an hour is enough for a good job. It looks great and sheds water well"

15 minutes is long enough. Product ruled out as labour intensive...
 Autoglym Aqua Wax/Express Wax - Roger.
A car wash is much less labour intensive - OR buy a silver metallic colour and don't bother too much as it doesn't show the dirt.
Our used Alhambra has covered 8000 miles since last December, including driving through Spain to Santander. In that time it has had one car wash, and a couple of hosings off after soaping and it looks very clean!
 Autoglym Aqua Wax/Express Wax - madf
Washing and polishing around here is for those who are masochists.

In the summer I travle the back country roads to Leek once a week..
If it's dry, it's dusty with a mix of soil and cow dung.
If it's wet, it's muddy with soil, cow dung and horse dung...

In the winter the main roads are cobvered with grit and salt and the side roads with horse crap..

What's the point? And yes all our cars are silver...
 Autoglym Aqua Wax/Express Wax - Skoda
>> What's the point?

Depends on the car i guess. Would i wax M's wee golf? Would i stuff! It's a shopping trolley.

A ferrari looks best with a dusty coat on it. Looks like a real car then instead of some magazine feature. A manky ferrari makes it's owner look disrespectful. There's a middle ground somewhere it's worth aiming for depending on the car.

Autoglym Aqua Wax/Express Wax - corax
>> A ferrari looks best with a dusty coat on it.

Yep, I like a dirty car - but I like to know the paints protected from all the salt and other nasties.
 Autoglym Aqua Wax/Express Wax - corax
When I clayed my car, applied Car Lack Acrylic wax, then sealant, I probably looked a masochist to the neighbours, because it takes hours to do. But I did it because of the protection it gives - potentially for a year, and I don't have to wash it much. I'm extremely impressed with it for the price. Get any bird muck on the car, and next time it rains it just slides off. I did it about two and a half months ago and at present it still has a gloss sheen, and looks immaculate. I've washed it once since then. Didn't even apply the sealant properly, because you're supposed to allow it to cure for at least 15 minutes before buffing it off. I only found this out after going on the Car Lack website - no instructions on the bottle. The only thing it can't stop is stones. I heard a horrendous bang on the drivers side after trying to get past a lorry quickly. A stonechip at the bottom of the drivers A post and then a ricochet onto the back of the door mirror.
Latest Forum Posts