Motoring Discussion > Autoglym Aqua Wax/Express Wax Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 7

Autoglym Aqua Wax/Express Wax - Manatee
This stuff works. I can wash the car and apply this quicker than I can wash and dry it with a chammy.

Aqua Wax comes in a 500ml kit with some cloths, but I bought 5l of the trade version - Express Wax, and I have lots of the necessary microfibre cloths. A silicone blade helps, to remove the bulk of the water.

With the car still wet, wipe on the 'wax' with one cloth, drying the car at the same time. You can go over all the black plastic, rubber bits and the glass. Buff off with a clean dry cloth, glass first.

I didn't read the instructions properly which say to avoid the windscreen, but it doesn't seem to have hurt it. The retail version comes in a spray - I might try decanting some into a trigger spray, so far I've just put a bit on the cloth using a pump bottle (I'd knock over the 5l container for sure). Depending on how wet the car is, you might have to wring the cloth now and again. The main gripe people seem to have is that if you apply too much it's hard to buff - I think the spraying probably induces people to use too much. I can do a big panel with one squirt on a cloth.

It took me half an hour to wash the car, rinse and apply it this morning - I'd rather take a bit longer but an hour is enough for a good job. It looks great and sheds water well.

I think the Resin Polish/Radiant Wax is more durable, and worth using, but the car needs to be dry and it takes longer. The Aqua/Express Wax is good for more frequent use in between.

I can see why the trade use it. It might also explain why that 'wax polish' on a new car only lasts a few washes!
 Messages Author Date
 Autoglym Aqua Wax/Express Wax new Manatee 20 Aug 11 14:31
 Autoglym Aqua Wax/Express Wax new Skoda 20 Aug 11 15:56
 Autoglym Aqua Wax/Express Wax new madf 20 Aug 11 16:23
 Autoglym Aqua Wax/Express Wax new Roger. 21 Aug 11 11:04
 Autoglym Aqua Wax/Express Wax new madf 21 Aug 11 11:51
 Autoglym Aqua Wax/Express Wax new Skoda 21 Aug 11 12:01
 Autoglym Aqua Wax/Express Wax new corax 21 Aug 11 12:13
 Autoglym Aqua Wax/Express Wax new corax 21 Aug 11 12:11
Latest Forum Posts