Motoring Discussion > MG - Bargain MG5 Electric Estate £19,995
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 17

MG - Bargain MG5 Electric Estate £19,995 - zippy
www.hotukdeals.com/share-deal/4404912?utm_source=mwebshare&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=2024-08-30&utm_content=4404912

This may be useful to someone.
 MG - Bargain MG5 Electric Estate £19,995 - smokie
I'd be up for it if I didn't already have one, albeit pre-facelift :-)

Nearly 3 years old mind, no problems with it so far
I actually prefer the look of the pre-face lift model but many car journalists think the facelift model looks better.
While the offer ended at the end of Sept, I had a dealer contact me offering the Red Trophy which is similar to what I already have, for a decent price. So the deal was done this afternoon. Collect it sometime after return from Portugal in mid Nov.

Anyone want a cheap 2nd hand MG5 long range Exclusive in red? The trade in price isn't great.The depreciation would have been huge had I not got a really good NHS discount in the first place.
 MG - Bargain MG5 Electric Estate £19,995 - Bobby
Like this?
www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202409194202396
Advert is gone Bobby. But yes, probably :-)

Like this - long range version. I'm testing the water elsewhere at £11700 which is pretty cheap

www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202409133991018

Here is the actual ad, you might be able to see it without registering

www.mgevs.com/threads/mg5-71-reg-long-range-exclusive-in-red.18860/#post-325063
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 7 Oct 24 at 10:22
 MG - Bargain MG5 Electric Estate £19,995 - Bobby
How do you scrape the back with reversing sensors and presumably a camera as well???
Carelessness!! :-)

Funny thing is, I've done it twice in the same place. Paid for the first to be repaired then did it again.

The first time I brushed a telegraph pole when reversing down a cycle lane ( - I was conscious I might be fined!) while looking for a house number.

The second time I went forwards into a parking bay in an unfamiliar main but very narrow and bendy village street then immediately - well pretty much immediately - decided to pull back out and park it round the corner, so swung back on the same steering lock as I'd just gone in on. In the few seconds (literally) I'd been stationery a Fiesta had come in and parked on the other side of the road, and the owner had disappeared. I don't know if again it didn't trigger the beeps or I ignored them, and I was on full lock so maybe the camera didn't pick it up. I was rushing as I was concerned in case something came belting round the corner with me across the road. No excuses really though. I did laugh. It's a long story after that which I shan't bore you with but that's how.
So having a signed contract form a week ago for a red MG5 Trophy my dealer has contacted me and said they just checked and they can't get red after all.

I presume I can back out and get my deposit back but are there any other options if I go for a colour they can supply? (I really wanted red!)

I suppose a goodwill gesture of free mats or something but anything else?
From experience only...

Mrs Z purchased a run out model MK1 Zafira. She said any colour except for "battleship grey". Guess what colour was delivered. There was no offer of goodwill gestures or similar and it was a case of take it or leave it. She walked. Deposit refunded.

Make sure it's a colour you like - because you'll need to live with it - of course you won't see the colour whilst driving it :-D.

I wouldn't want to be paying the extra for metalic paint if it wasn't a colour I wanted, but otherwise if it's a nice colour go with it. Plus ask for mats, free service etc.
The tri-coat red I wanted is the only premium paint. I'd settle for the grey but at the moment the dealer hasn't responded to yesterday's email. This is no doubt going to be all complicated by me not being there to collect it, and them not wanting to hold it in stock for me.

I previously asked for mats etc but no chance. I doubt that will change.
 MG - Bargain MG5 Electric Estate £19,995 - Zero

>> I suppose a goodwill gesture of free mats or something but anything else?

Red? maybe a royal mail transfer on the doors? Black and white cat hanging in the rear window?
 MG - Bargain MG5 Electric Estate £19,995 - Bromptonaut
Friend of ours with a red Berlingo had a Jess toy on her parcel shelf.
Haha the red looks good but I've settled for the grey - still awaiting fresh paperwork though.

They've said there is no problem with supply of grey. These are all sitting in the docks at Bristol and I' a bit annoyed it took them a week to ask whether there were any red ones left.

There's one upgrade I'm surprised at them wanting to charge for- I believe it's a firmware upgrade only but it allows use of Tesla chargers, which is handy if I ever need public charging, as they are plentiful in places and quite a bit cheaper than ordinary ones. The dealers charge £150 up to retrofit to older cars but I'm in contact with MG as I understood the dealer should be doing it for free - but they want £50 for it.
>>The dealers charge £150 up to retrofit to older cars but I'm in contact with MG as I understood
>>the dealer should be doing it for free - but they want £50 for it.

I've read about this. The cars get good reviews, but the dealer network could spoil the reputation for the company by charging for something that really should be carried out as part of the pre-delivery checks / service etc.
 MG - Bargain MG5 Electric Estate £19,995 - sherlock47
Have you explored the cost of insurance for a EV? Some insurers have pulled out completely, others are running scared.
 MG - Bargain MG5 Electric Estate £19,995 - CGNorwich
Have they really? Mine is quoting a similar renewal premium for my ID3 as an equivalent Golf.

The online wotsits quoted me a lower premium than my existing car, which is exactly the same car except it's not new, it's pre-facelift, three years older and less valuable (same provider, Tesco).

I'm not expecting the same when I call to adjust it though
Latest Forum Posts