Non-motoring > I have a question (TV connections).
Thread Author: FotheringtonTomas Replies: 10

I have a question (TV connections). - smokie
I've got a fairly complex setup too and it took a few false starts to get it going. I have more inputs and outputs than you which probably makes my life easier. But then I wanted to pump mine around the house too...

My final approach was firstly to sketch my pieces of kit on paper then draw on it what I wanted to go to where, disregarding the available in and outputs. I then went through it again and assigned each connection to a socket. In my case, I haven't needed to use any splitters except a splitter booster to send it round the house. For me, drawing it made it so much clearer in my mind, and connecting it (and reconnecting it when I have to move it for any reason) is a breeze.

(Out of interest, under the telly I have a standard Virgin box feeding my PVR (TiVo) by SCART and onto the telly on SCART. Then a V+ box feeding the telly on HDMI with digital sound through home theatre. The DVD recorder (which is virtually redundant) uses the second SCART on the telly, and the second digital input on the home theatre. I only pump the PVR signal round the houseon coax, that goes from the PVR RF output to a splitter booster. I use an IR sender (One for All rings a bell) to send remote signals back to the PVR from the distant tellys. My main issue is that there is no way to use an alternate channel on the Virgin remote, so when controlling one box you inadvertently control the other too, which can adversely affect recordings.

The oddest part of it is I am not much of a TV watcher. But I enjoy tinkering with technology.
Last edited by: smokie on Wed 24 Feb 10 at 00:33
 Messages Author Date
 I have a question (TV connections).  FotheringtonTomas 22 Feb 10 23:14
 I have a question (TV connections).  Bellboy 22 Feb 10 23:20
 I have a question (TV connections).  Zero 22 Feb 10 23:27
 I have a question (TV connections).  FotheringtonTomas 23 Feb 10 21:11
 I have a question (TV connections).  smokie 24 Feb 10 00:32
 I have a question (TV connections).  Crankcase 24 Feb 10 08:18
 I have a question (TV connections).  smokie 24 Feb 10 08:55
 I have a question (TV connections).  spamcan61 2 Mar 10 10:36
 I have a question (TV connections)..  R.P. 2 Mar 10 10:49
 I have a question (TV connections..  bathtub tom 2 Mar 10 12:02