Non-motoring > Smart radiator thermostats Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 9

Smart radiator thermostats - Bobby
My 90 year old dad is doing his best to keep warm with the soaring heating costs. He could probably afford to keep his heating on 24/7 but pride and principles stops him from giving all his money to the utility companies.
He is very cold in bed at night even with thick quilt etc and would probably benefit from having room heating on all night. But he won’t as he doesn’t want to go round the rest of the house turning all the other radiators off every night and then repeat in morning.

He is very tech savvy with his Apple Watch, iPhone. iPad, Alexa everywhere, ring cameras etc. Thinking of whether we could get him the smart radiator thermostats so that he could just either ask Alexa or control from an app what radiator should be on.

I have Hive myself though I don’t have the radiator thermostats, just the basic controller and the app. But also aware that there are loads of these types of things on market.

Anyone with these and have any suggestions on best way forward? Probably talking about 6 radiators that would want controlled though in total there are 8 and a bathroom but the other two rooms are rarely used.

Do these individual thermostats actually give you each room temperature on the app? Though I guess the temp at skirting board level probably isn’t a true temp?
 Messages Author Date
 Smart radiator thermostats  new Bobby 22 Nov 22 23:34
 Smart radiator thermostats  new smokie 22 Nov 22 23:50
 Smart radiator thermostats  new martin aston 23 Nov 22 03:18
 Smart radiator thermostats  new Falkirk Bairn 23 Nov 22 09:23
 Smart radiator thermostats  new Zero 23 Nov 22 10:03
 Smart radiator thermostats  new smokie 23 Nov 22 10:07
 Smart radiator thermostats  new Zero 23 Nov 22 10:11
 Smart radiator thermostats  new Bobby 23 Nov 22 12:34
 Smart radiator thermostats  new Manatee 23 Nov 22 14:00
 Smart radiator thermostats  new Bobby 23 Nov 22 15:55
Latest Forum Posts