Non-motoring > I should like to ask about the name of this site. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: FotheringtonTomas Replies: 12

I should like to ask about the name of this site. - car4play
I know the name might be contentious, but the idea was that cars are things that evoke just what FT has said - open roads, freedom, enjoyment, fun and exhilaration. In short "play". What kids do best and what we grown ups like to do sometimes, even if it is just to escape from it all. So it was car - for - play.

And then the joke dawned on us here, everyone laughed. Sorry, I am a bit into jokes that can be a bit corny at times, but you don't forget them do you?

We did ask around here if it was too risque but then it did do the other meaning of what cars are to people - sexy, alluring and so on. In some cases you would think that a car is an extension of a man's personal parts: their "pride and joy". Someone told me that they know of a man that used to kiss his car goodnight. And isn't the whole point about flash cars, fast cars, gleaming cars, that they are simply seductive. "Drive me" they call.
Motor shows know this all too well and link the new car model with the beauty model draped all over bonnet. So after thinking this through we realised that the double entendre was actually quite good.

Admit it, it does make you smile doesn't it.

Enjoy!
 Messages Author Date
 I should like to ask about the name of thi..  FotheringtonTomas 22 Feb 10 23:35
 I should like to ask about the name of th..  Fenlander 22 Feb 10 23:42
 I should like to ask about the name of t..  R.P. 23 Feb 10 00:02
 I should like to ask about the name of t..  Crankcase 23 Feb 10 08:34
 I should like to ask about the name of ..  R.P. 23 Feb 10 08:49
 I should like to ask about the name of..  car4play 23 Feb 10 09:20
 I should like to ask about the name of t..  Iffy 23 Feb 10 09:35
 I should like to ask about the name of ..  tyro 23 Feb 10 13:27
 I should like to ask about the name of..  tyro 23 Feb 10 14:13
 I should like to ask about the name ..  Dave_ 23 Feb 10 14:22
 I should like to ask about the name..  tyro 23 Feb 10 15:04
 I should like to ask about the name of th..  L'escargot 28 Feb 10 07:32
 I should like to ask about the name of t..  Vicar of Bray 28 Feb 10 10:37