Non-motoring > Roman Villa Legal Questions
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 11

Roman Villa - Armel Coussine
I tried to log back into the HJ site just now. Problem is my email address has changed, although my wife's laptop, where I am, obediently remembers all the old coordinates. I have tried to start a new account there with the new email but my old handle and password. So far I haven't had the go-ahead email, but it's only half an hour.

Over there, my old friend oilrag is rabbiting away. Has anyone driven anywhere over easter, he asks.

Well, I took a stroppy granddaughter to the Roman Villa at Bignor this afternoon, just down the road, because there wasn't room for her in the other carload of nippers. It's a very fine site. Of course there's nothing left of it except some foundations and also some very big and very fine mosaic floors, some over hypocaust central heating flues. The site was discovered when someone's plough graunched into one of them, after many centuries of use as pasture.

But why does the face said to be that of Venus have a sort of dark halo? Is it really Venus or really a woman? Third century AD, so could be some Christian stuff there along with Ganymede, dolphins and gladiators. Very beautiful, low key and low pressure, not expensive. Nice place indeed.
 Messages Author Date
 Roman Villa new Armel Coussine 5 Apr 10 17:57
 Roman Villa new Zero 5 Apr 10 18:05
 Roman Villa new Iffy 5 Apr 10 18:13
 Roman Villa new bathtub tom 5 Apr 10 18:14
 Roman Villa new Screwloose 5 Apr 10 18:36
 Roman Villa new Dog 5 Apr 10 19:33
 Roman Villa new Screwloose 5 Apr 10 20:55
 Roman Villa new Armel Coussine 5 Apr 10 21:36
 Roman Villa new Zero 5 Apr 10 22:06
 Roman Villa new Armel Coussine 5 Apr 10 23:11
 Roman Villa new Screwloose 5 Apr 10 23:07