Non-motoring > Haynes Motor Museum Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sherlock47 Replies: 11

Haynes Motor Museum - sherlock47
As I was driving past on Saturday with time to spare, I decided to make a visit.

Best described as disappointing. The best part of £10 to see rows of cars in a fairly sterile eviroment. Very little in the way of added value to the displays - the few words of description with most cars added very little to my knowledge - although I did only spend time reading at those vehicles in which I had some existing interest.

The layout of the displays appeared as random, with almost an emphasis on grouping by color! Although having now read the Wiki page I now understand that there is some logic in the display halls.

A distinct lack of what I would regard as some of the icons of the history of british cars with notable omissions of cars on display.

Anybody else had a similar views/experience?

www.haynesmotormuseum.com/home.php

But as a contrast I then came across the Wessex Vintage Fair, a 2 day event at Trowbridge,- a real value for money event at £3.00 - with an eclectic mix of exhibits - from a collectors display of oil cans/grease guns, thro antique garden machinery, to full size traction engines.

The most sucessful' exhibitors' were those selling tarpaulins! But I did enjoy the best part of a dry 2 hrs!

Messages Author Date
 Haynes Motor Museum new sherlock47 19 Jun 11 21:46
 Haynes Motor Museum new Injection Doc 20 Jun 11 08:47
 Haynes Motor Museum new spamcan61 20 Jun 11 09:31
 Haynes Motor Museum new Michael Harle-Griffin 23 Jun 11 22:30
 Haynes Motor Museum new sherlock47 23 Jun 11 23:00
 Haynes Motor Museum new Dutchie 23 Jun 11 23:56
 Haynes Motor Museum new VxFan 24 Jun 11 00:58
 Haynes Motor Museum new rtj70 24 Jun 11 01:06
 Haynes Motor Museum new sherlock47 24 Jun 11 07:33
 Haynes Motor Museum new Harleyman 25 Jun 11 08:39
 Haynes Motor Museum new Duncan 25 Jun 11 09:09