Non-motoring > 17th Birthday today. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 9

17th Birthday today. - Ted

Today, I turned 17 again.

This day in 1994 was spent by me lying in a bed in Coronary Intensive Care at the nearby hospital with my family and mum watching over me.
The Grim Reaper had had a go and failed, due to the actions of the Paramedics and Doctors who pumped me full of Streptokynase earlier on.

I had suffered very uncomfortable back pain in the small hours at home and was duly rushed to casualty......blue lights but, sadly, no siren. I passed out on the trolley and if that had been the end, it would have been a good way to go !
I'm sure it would have been if I'd been somewhere remote but the hospital was only 3 minutes away. Sadly now demolished.

An experience like that certainly changes your outlook on life. I no longer bother about lifes trivialities...things I have no control over or don't really affect me worry me not a jot.
An example yesterday was a letter from the council giving a date for the replacement of out pavement......adjacent roads have been done with Bitmac run-ins and the original flags reset. We are to just have Bitmac. Some of the neighbours seem to have blown a gasket over this. It would have been nice to have the flags but I have no influence over that and I'm not going to pull a garden chair up to the gate and sit staring at the new pavement...life's too short. At least I won't be tripping as much now.

Anyone else seen the light and chilled after a crisis ? I would think my experience was fairly common.

Just glad to be here still...wasn't to keen on the alternative !

Ted

Messages Author Date
 17th Birthday today.  Ted 16 Jun 11 14:58
 17th Birthday today.  Old Navy 16 Jun 11 15:23
 17th Birthday today.  captain chaos 16 Jun 11 15:30
 17th Birthday today.  RattleandSmoke 16 Jun 11 16:23
 17th Birthday today.  Dutchie 16 Jun 11 16:49
 17th Birthday today.  Pat 16 Jun 11 16:56
 17th Birthday today.  captain chaos 16 Jun 11 17:34
 17th Birthday today.  BobbyG 16 Jun 11 21:24
 17th Birthday today.  Londoner 16 Jun 11 23:05
 17th Birthday today.  Ted 16 Jun 11 23:14