Motoring Discussion > Anyone driven in German Low emision Zone Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Jacks Replies: 7

Anyone driven in German Low emision Zone - Jacks
I'm driving to Italy in June and I've booked (and paid for) a hotel in Freiberg im Breisgau as a stopover.
I've just realised that the city may be one of those included in the Low Emision Zone scheme whereby you are unable to enter the zone unless your car displays a Umwelt Plakette (environmental sticker).

I called the hotel (large Mercure city centre) to check and was told "they are planning this but you don't need a sticker yet"

however all the German websites with information about the LEZ's all state thate Freiberg
IS included from January 2010. Some show a LEZ map of the city and the hotel IS in the LEZ.

To buy the sticker in Germany you need the V5 (the leasing company will not release the original but will give me a photocopy) but also my arrival will be Saaturday afternoon and I think most of the TUV centres (German MOT equiv) will be closed.

To order online you need to scan the original (I don't have the original) and email it.
The best solution would be for the lease co. to scan and email me the file but they are being spectacularly unhelpful.

Has anyone ever done this from the UK? and - I believe a couple of forum members reside in Germany - can anyone point to a definitive source to verify if Freiberg is a LEZ city. The tourist information website makes no mention of it.

Thanks

Jacks
 Messages Author Date
 Anyone driven in German Low emision Zone new Jacks 30 Mar 10 15:28
 Anyone driven in German Low emision Zone new Biggles 30 Mar 10 16:04
 Anyone driven in German Low emision Zon.. new Jacks 31 Mar 10 12:43
 Anyone driven in German Low emision Zone new .... 30 Mar 10 16:31
 Anyone driven in German Low emision Zon.. new J500ANT 30 Mar 10 17:17
 Anyone driven in German Low emision Zo.. new Bagpuss 30 Mar 10 20:29
 Anyone driven in German Low emision Z.. new Mike H 30 Mar 10 20:35
 Anyone driven in German Low emision Z.. new Jacks 31 Mar 10 12:45
Latest Forum Posts