Motoring Discussion > Twelve wheel sports car ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 5

Twelve wheel sports car ? - Ted

Not really.. Two axles on the back with 8 wheels. Two steering axles on the front, 4 wheels.
Heavy ' demolition ' tippers !
Why, when they are unladen, do they always seem to be driven like sports cars ?
Is it because they must have a tremendous power to rate ratio ? Or a lot of rubber on the road ?
I was tailgated by one of these today on the A6 between manchester and Stockport. I was in a car with an LCD speedo which, I assume, is fairly accurate and I was registering about 33 MPH. It was obvious he wanted to get past, he was out on my offside rear most of the time. It's a single carriageway, urban and busy.
When it widened and there was nothing coming towards us he whipped out and was away !
I suspect these guys are paid by the load, which may make for a bit of recklessness.

I once followed two of these on my bike. They were obviously playing a sort of keep up game in a 30 zone. I could see what was going to happen and sure enough, the front one went round a bend and was confronted by a red ped crossing. His follower couldn't stop as he was so close, having to swerve to the left, over a grass verge, pavement and through the fence of the primary school that the crossing served.
No kids out, thank God....could have been a tragedy !

Ted
 Messages Author Date
 Twelve wheel sports car ? new Ted 18 Mar 10 23:21
 Twelve wheel sports car ? new Alastairw 18 Mar 10 23:33
 Twelve wheel sports car ? new - 18 Mar 10 23:47
 Twelve wheel sports car ? new Pat 19 Mar 10 05:15
 Twelve wheel sports car ? new Manatee 19 Mar 10 06:57
 Twelve wheel sports car ? new Pat 19 Mar 10 07:02
Latest Forum Posts