Non-motoring > 1st world problems Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 9

1st world problems - Bobby
So, this morning I got up, ready and walked across the hallway from bedroom to my office. iPhone in hand.
By the time I reached the office the phone died which was strange as it was on charge all night as usual.
Signed into work laptop Crossing everything that this wouldn’t be the day that I got the Microsoft Authenticator prompt. Alas it was and I couldn’t authenticate cos my phone was dead and showing no sign of life.
So I couldn’t log in to do my work. I couldn’t text my boss cos I had no working phone.

I chanced my arm and put my phone on charge and miraculously it started charging and after 10 mins I got enough juice in it to let me sign in to laptop.

But for a wee while I felt absolutely paralysed without the use of a mobile. No one else was in the house, I have no landline. The only phone number I know is my dad’s landline and he doesn’t answer that!

Now after a bit of rational thinking set in I realised I could email my manager from my personal laptop but no idea if she was in, on leave or what.

I think I may be a bit over reliant on my mobile phone……

And as a footnote, phone fully charged so I am guessing I couldn’t have had the charger cable properly inserted last night!
 Messages Author Date
 1st world problems new Bobby 11 Jan 24 18:21
 1st world problems new zippy 11 Jan 24 18:38
 1st world problems new Dave 12 Jan 24 07:36
 1st world problems new Rudedog 12 Jan 24 16:37
 1st world problems new CGNorwich 12 Jan 24 17:08
 1st world problems new sooty123 12 Jan 24 17:32
 1st world problems new Kevin 12 Jan 24 18:49
 1st world problems new Zero 12 Jan 24 18:53
 1st world problems new smokie 12 Jan 24 18:08
 1st world problems new zippy 12 Jan 24 19:18
Latest Forum Posts