Non-motoring > Holiday Cottage Cancellation Legal Questions
Thread Author: Fullchat Replies: 17

Holiday Cottage Cancellation - Fullchat
Oh my bad! I believed it was the Blaydon races. Apparently its not but she is/was completing a race up in Newcastle so the name of the race is pretty insignificant. So if you're suggesting that my story doesn't stack up my interpretation is that you are suggesting I'm lying yes or no?
Unfair? Business revolves around contracts for protection to both parties. The same contract that states I cant have a refund if for some reason I cancel. They are for both parties protection.
The house was rented out and deposit taken after it was put up for sale so its foreseeable that some time in the future it will be sold and therefore not available for further rental unless the new owner is taking it on for rental. I say again the owner/agent could have been more upfront about the strong possibility our booking would be cancelled.
The conveyancing process takes time and during which time the payment was in taken in full. All things being equal it's possible to roughly judge when completion will be expected and achieved. The house owner and vicariously the agents at no point informed us that there was a possibility that the property would not be available. Had it been earlier we could have had the opportunity to find somewhere as suitable. On reflection Mrs FC informs me that the booking calendar was greyed out after our booking but had no reason to question why.
The owner could have made it clear to the new owners that exchange of contracts could not take place until a particular date taking into account contracts in existence.
Force majeure is not a pre-planned foreseeable event. Severe weather damage or a fire is.
And I want details of the owner as at this time I'm considering lodging a civil claim for losses. To suggest I would be visiting with a baseball bat is somewhat childish
Last edited by: Fullchat on Fri 31 Mar 23 at 16:04
 Messages Author Date
 Holiday Cottage Cancellation  Fullchat 24 Mar 23 13:31
 Holiday Cottage Cancellation  Zero 24 Mar 23 13:54
 Holiday Cottage Cancellation  Fullchat 24 Mar 23 14:00
 Holiday Cottage Cancellation  Zero 24 Mar 23 14:06
 Holiday Cottage Cancellation  Bromptonaut 24 Mar 23 14:17
 Holiday Cottage Cancellation  bathtub tom 24 Mar 23 19:11
 Holiday Cottage Cancellation  Kevin 24 Mar 23 22:23
 Holiday Cottage Cancellation  tyrednemotional 24 Mar 23 22:31
 Holiday Cottage Cancellation  martin aston 25 Mar 23 05:53
 Holiday Cottage Cancellation  Bobby 25 Mar 23 17:41