Motoring Discussion > Motorcycle Incident Scotland. Part 1. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Fullchat Replies: 13

Motorcycle Incident Scotland. Part 2. - Fullchat
In the first instance is was somewhat surreal with 3 bikes coming off the road infront of me.

To be frank I was a little uncomfortable riding with such a large group and being aware of the riding styles of some of them. It can work if everyone is disciplined and works as a team but its small groups in future.

Judging by the remnants of vehicle plastic and incident tape I formed the impression that it was a collision 'hotspot'.

Strangely last summer I was out for a ride with an old colleague and was telling him about the incident and he informed me that he had been riding up near Kielder and had lost a riding mate behind. He turned around an re traced his steps and found that his mate had ridden off the road and into a ditch and was trying to recover it. He searched through photographs on his his phone and lo and behold it was the same location!!

If you look at the first two pictures I have this feeling that sub consciously from a distance the riders thought that the road went up to the left, which is infact a track, and planned their riding accordingly only to suddenly realise too late and in the absence of appropriate signage that the road went to the right which was masked by the crest.
Last edited by: Fullchat on Tue 21 Mar 23 at 15:36
 Messages Author Date
 Motorcycle Incident Scotland. Part 1. new Fullchat 16 Mar 23 21:12
 Motorcycle Incident Scotland. Part 2. new Fullchat 16 Mar 23 21:33
 Motorcycle Incident Scotland. Part 2. new Bobby 16 Mar 23 23:05
 Motorcycle Incident Scotland. Part 2. new Bobby 16 Mar 23 23:10
 Motorcycle Incident Scotland. Part 2. new Zero 17 Mar 23 08:10
 Motorcycle Incident Scotland. Part 2.. new bathtub tom 17 Mar 23 09:01
 Motorcycle Incident Scotland. Part .. new R.P. 20 Mar 23 23:17
 Motorcycle Incident Scotland. P.. new Fullchat 21 Mar 23 15:33
 Motorcycle Incident Scotland. Par.. new Zero 21 Mar 23 16:34
 Motorcycle Incident Scotland. Pa.. new Fullchat 21 Mar 23 16:44