Non-motoring > Couriers EVRI & DPD are a shambles Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 10

Couriers EVRI & DPD are a shambles - Bromptonaut
Amazon fun and games for me.

On Monday morning they knocked on my door. Not expecting anything and the large package they left on the step was clearly addressed to somebody on the other side of Northampton. Managed to whistle the driver back, albeit on the drive in my dressing gown, and explained not mine.

All our postcodes start NN and this one had same final two letters (street identifier) as mine. The district was NN6, I'm NN7. Road name bears no resemblance to mine.

Late afternoon another bloke from Amazon knocks on the door leaving parcel on step. Same parcel. Whistled him back and said not mine and that he's the second person and point out the street name is not that on the road he's just driven into. He points at his handheld device apparently to indicate that computer says deliver to my address.

Last night I was expecting a delivery. Contained alcohol so exchange with agent included him recording my DoB. He then hands me a second parcel....

This time he's first language English and seems to grasp the issue; will get his manager to look into it.

Hopefully I won't see it again today!!!
 Messages Author Date
 Couriers EVRI & DPD are a shambles  zippy 21 Dec 22 11:33
 Couriers EVRI & DPD are a shambles  Bromptonaut 21 Dec 22 11:59
 Couriers EVRI & DPD are a shambles  Bromptonaut 29 Dec 22 13:47
 Couriers EVRI & DPD are a shambles  Bromptonaut 29 Dec 22 19:03
 Couriers EVRI & DPD are a shambles  Bromptonaut 30 Dec 22 15:09
 Couriers EVRI & DPD are a shambles  zippy 21 Dec 22 12:03
 Couriers EVRI & DPD are a shambles  Terry 21 Dec 22 16:34
 Couriers EVRI & DPD are a shambles  Bromptonaut 21 Dec 22 16:50
 Couriers EVRI & DPD are a shambles  Rudedog 29 Dec 22 13:55
 Couriers EVRI & DPD are a shambles  Ted 29 Dec 22 22:39