Motoring Discussion > MOT Inconvenience Miscellaneous
Thread Author: tyrednemotional Replies: 15

MOT Inconvenience - tyrednemotional
...well, at least it passed with no advisories (that's the 6th year, (3rd MOT) so not bad).

MB service prices for a Smart car are a bit of a tax, but the car is VED free, high MPG and low insurance, so not to worry (and the continued MB servicing renews the annual roadside assistance for free).

A stark reminder of why I don't like main dealers, though. I agreed with the booking that they should renew the coolant (it's one of the "additional operations" on the service schedule at 6 years).

When I got there, they tried to get me to agree to two more "MB additional operations":

- Check the headlight alignment - how likely was I to agree to that when they were MOTing the vehicle in the same session!?

- Brake fluid change (every two years) - this set alarm bells ringing.

I declined both. When I got the service paperwork containing the service schedule, both of these were additional operations "at three years, and subsequently every two years". The brake fluid had been done to schedule at 3 and 5 years (I thought it was last year I'd agreed it!). Neither were required this year, and I hadn't been asked about the headlights previously (presumably because someone had realised the alignment with the MOT - all done at service time).

Not impressed with that!
 Messages Author Date
 MOT Inconvenience new tyrednemotional 15 Nov 22 10:21
 MOT Inconvenience new Kevin 15 Nov 22 11:33
 MOT Inconvenience new tyrednemotional 15 Nov 22 12:41
 MOT Inconvenience new Zero 15 Nov 22 12:55
 MOT Inconvenience new tyrednemotional 15 Nov 22 19:52
 MOT Inconvenience new Fullchat 15 Nov 22 14:39
 MOT Inconvenience new Manatee 15 Nov 22 15:41
 MOT Inconvenience new Zero 15 Nov 22 16:11
 MOT Inconvenience new tyrednemotional 15 Nov 22 16:23
 MOT Inconvenience new tyrednemotional 15 Nov 22 16:22